Author Topic: Classes/Divisions  (Read 6691 times)

GrandmasterWJ

• View Profile
Classes/Divisions
« on: March 29, 2014, 07:15:23 pm »
I took notice that some classes have been merged together. Lets take for instance the Grand Cherokees. The stock, modifieds and limiteds are in the same class but only one 1st place trophy is being offered for that class while there are 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies being offered in the other classes. Don't you think it would be fair to offer 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies in the classes that are being merged together? Think about it. How can an stock rig compete with an modified rig or an limited rig or an modified rig compete with an limited rig or an stock rig compete with an modified rig? I think to make things fair, there should be an 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies offered in the classes that are being merged together.
2002 Grand Cherokee WJ, 4.5 Rustys lift, 17" AEV Pintler beadlock wheels with Goodyear Duratrac tires, 4xGuard matrix front bumper/brush guard, Kevins off road light bar with KC lights, Carolina Driveline front & rear driveshafts, Addco front & rear sway bars, Bilstein shocks & steering stabilizers

HANGMAN

• View Profile
Re: Classes/Divisions
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 12:12:38 am »
I took notice that some classes have been merged together. Lets take for instance the Grand Cherokees. The stock, modifieds and limiteds are in the same class but only one 1st place trophy is being offered for that class while there are 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies being offered in the other classes. Don't you think it would be fair to offer 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies in the classes that are being merged together? Think about it. How can an stock rig compete with an modified rig or an limited rig or an modified rig compete with an limited rig or an stock rig compete with an modified rig? I think to make things fair, there should be an 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies offered in the classes that are being merged together.
I read it as: CLASS (5 & 8  ), CLASS 5 being CJ6 / CJ8 / COMMANDO.
                                        CLASS 8 being GRAND CHEROKEE.
                                        WILL BE AWARDED 1st. PLACE ONLY WITHIN EACH CATEGORY.
                                        CATEGORIES BEING (Stock-Modified-Unlimited).
                                        So to me it looks like CLASS #5, cj6-cj8 and commando, will receive 1st. place awards only in each of it's three categories (Stock-Modified-Unlimited), total at the most three 1st. place awards, no 2nds. or 3rds. Looks like the most 1st. place awards to be giving out in CLASS's (5 & 8 ) will be 6, no 2nds. or 3rds. Is this a little clearer? As I see it.
  http://www.pajeeps.org/2014_Jeep_Show_Packet.pdf                   page #2 high lighted in blue

oops I was wrong with my wording and numbers and have modified my org. post !!!!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 10:28:45 pm by HANGMAN »
74 jeep CJ5  ( PACKMULE )
BOB BEHLER
OVER, THROUGH OR UNDER

GrandmasterWJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 02:07:26 pm »
Thanks Hangman. I missunderstood what it said. I took it as just one 1st place only. So, what you are saying that there will be one 1st place trophy awarded for each category (1) for stock, (1) for modified & (1) for limited. Thank you for explaining that to me.
2002 Grand Cherokee WJ, 4.5 Rustys lift, 17" AEV Pintler beadlock wheels with Goodyear Duratrac tires, 4xGuard matrix front bumper/brush guard, Kevins off road light bar with KC lights, Carolina Driveline front & rear driveshafts, Addco front & rear sway bars, Bilstein shocks & steering stabilizers

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 02:39:30 pm »
Our awards are made available based on the number of vehicles in attendance for each class, and category over the years. We look over whether a particular class has the quantity of models in attendace to determine whether we'll award three trophies or up to that maximum of nine trophies. Our trophies are paid for by a gracious sponsor and we and our sponsor hate to see trophy's go to waste and not awarded because the attendance of certain models fell short in attendance that particular year. Trust me, we look over this each and every year to see that all trophy's paid for are awarded. You should know as we do certain models do lack in attendance at our event which requires us to place them in a joint class because they are of the same "family".

EXPLAINATION...

Class #5 (CJ6 - CJ8 - Commando)
All three are within the same family. Wheel base length & width are similar, parts are interchangable. Thus why the three are classified together. Attendance of these three vehicles individually is too low in number to have a class for each and award 27 trophy's for each within the categories of STOCK, MODIFIED, and UNLIMTED so we combined the three and award a 1st Place Trophy for each category of STOCK, MODIFIED, and UNLIMITED.

Class #8 (Grand Cherokee) This model was classified with the Cherokee for many years but we agreed they are two completely different vehicles and nothing is interchangable. Thus, we created a seperate class for the Grand by popular demand but also because of their lack of attendance to justify purchasing 27 trophy's we only award 1st Place for each category of STOCK, MODIFIED, and UNLIMITED.

It would be great to award more trophy's and create more classes but it's just not logistically possible nor is it financially justified if 15-20 trophy's go "UN-AWARDED" due to the lack of attendance of said models.

We go over our classifications every year to keep everyone's costs low. Is our format perfect?...NO it's not but it does group models produced and considered to be "family" that also keeps our "showfield" of Jeeps in accordance with proper production. Not everyone agree's and we know that. But over the past 15 years I've been the Chairman of this Jeep Show we have many numerous changes within the classifications of the Jeeps to try and please most. We'll never please everyone but do take great effort in pleasing 98% which has worked over the years. Re-Classification can take a couple if not a few years to justify on both and attendance level of a particular model and on a financial level with the cost of more trophy's.

I hope what I've conveyed to you helps explain things clearer to you. Understand that Jeep over it's history produced more models under it's name than any other manufacturer in the automotive industry. We do the best we can to please most and know we'll never please all.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...