Author Topic: Hello from (usually) sunny Florida  (Read 6885 times)

Soylent

• View Profile
Hello from (usually) sunny Florida
« on: April 05, 2011, 03:18:10 pm »
I'm Dave.

I've got a 62 AMC M422A1 Mighty Mite.  It's stock--as it should be--so if you've seen one, you've pretty much seen them all.  Except for unit markings and small differences that only another Mighty Mite owner could notice, you'd typically be hard pressed to tell one from another.

My wheeling rig is a 99 TJ Sport on Currie 9+ axles, chrome moly shafts, Detroit lockers in both ends, 4.57 gears, and Warn locking hubs in front.  It's got a Currie Currectlynk steering set up, Currie Anti-Rock Sway Bars at both ends, and a Rock Krawler suspension with a four link in the rear.

The daily driver in the household is my girlfriend's 99 TJ Sport.  Other than her goofy looking tube bumpers (which she is adamantly against me changing, by the way), her jeep is pretty stock.  (It comes in handy when I'm trying to figure out where disassembled parts go back on mine.  :P )  I won't let her keep a snatch strap in it since she goes to Daytona Beach every Saturday and all the numbskulls with stuck rental cars would keep her from ever getting home while she tries to extract them all.
Dave Simons

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from (usually) sunny Florida
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 06:19:29 pm »
Hi, Dave

I don't think that I've ever seen a Mighty Mite in person before!  It's nice to see a military vehicle looking that nice!

Was the bottom photo taken in Moab?
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 06:06:41 pm »
Welcome to the forum!

Very cool Mighty Mite!
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Soylent

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 04:48:44 pm »
I don't think that I've ever seen a Mighty Mite in person before!  It's nice to see a military vehicle looking that nice!

Thanks.  It's a flattering picture; there are more dents in the hood than what I'd like, but then when there's only about a hundred examples left that run, you take what you can get.

Was the bottom photo taken in Moab?

Yes, it is just after passing Goony Bird Rock on the way to the Bull Canyon, Gemini Bridges, and Metal Masher trails.  But then, with your avatar, I suspect you know that.   ;D

[Sorry for taking so long to answer; I hadn't noticed the replies until now.]
Dave Simons