Author Topic: Burning Rock Off road Park April 30th  (Read 2348 times)

Bill with too many Jeeps

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Burning Rock Off road Park April 30th
« on: February 18, 2022, 07:25:12 pm »
Hello All, during the February meeting we decided on a trip to Burning Rock on April 30th. There is a possibility that Bernie will trail guide us too. If you are interested, please respond to this post by the end of March. We would like to get a head count on who will be attending. Once we have this, we will look at booking a block of rooms at a hotel in Beckley WV. If you have any questions, please let us know.
Thanks, Bill and Denice
https://burningrockwv.com/

Bill with too many Jeeps

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Rock Off road Park April 30th
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 05:57:53 pm »
https://www.choicehotels.com/west-virginia/beckley/comfort-inn-hotels/wv094/rates?checkInDate=2022-04-29&checkOutDate=2022-05-01&ratePlanCode=LBROCK

I attached the link for the recommended hotel at Burning Rock. It is for $74 dollars a night. There is a large lot for truck and trailer parking. Please let us know if there are any questions.

Bill with too many Jeeps

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Rock Off road Park April 30th
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 07:27:42 pm »
BURNING ROCK - Hello all, we are less then a week away from our trip. It is not too late to join the fun. We look forward to seeing all the members that have signed up to attend.
A few things; please dress appropriately for the day as it is suppose to be partly sunny and around 65 degrees.  Bring a lunch and have your Jeep prepared for the day. We will meet at the trail head around 8 on Saturday as we will make a full day of trails.  There is an on-line wavier form on the Burning Rock website that I suggest you fill out to help save time. Also if you don't have the Maprika app, I would suggest you load it on your phone. It is a good trail guide map app that will show you all the trails. Most likely we will be using GMRS radios, but don't fret as some of us have spares you can barrow. There is also a wash station there according to their map (yeah).

Some of the group will be staying at the park and others in Berkley. Berkley is about 10 minutes away. We might try to do a dinner Saturday night, but we will "play it by ear' based upon the time we get off the trail.

We still don't know if we are bringing the JKU or the CJ. Our plan is to leave Friday morning and return home on Sunday. If you have any questions, please let us know. You can also send me a text at 717-487-4116.

Thanks, Bill and Denice