Author Topic: QX 80 and a Compass  (Read 4116 times)

SteveTheFolkie

• To live is to fly, all alone and high
    • View Profile
    • Steves music site
QX 80 and a Compass
« on: April 28, 2015, 10:26:25 pm »
Ok - I travel on business frequently, when I rent a vehicle I try to rent an SUV, as my DD is a ZJ, last week I had an Infinity QX 80 - terrible vehicle - obviously designed for those holding an MBA rather than a STEM (Science, Technology,Engineering, Math) degree - electronic nannies warned you when someone was intruding into your "space" (on I35 near Austin Texas a common thing), did that self braking thing and had a nav system that someone holding a masters in computer science (yours truly) couldn't figure out (although to the audience who lays down 60K for a behemoth the function is probably obvious) -
Contrast that with the Jeep Compass I drove to/from Rochester NY today - for a road vehicle it was a nice day trip (10 hours plus) companion - got something I'd never gotten with a Jeep before (good gas mileage) - although when I took it on a mild dirt road it didn't articulate very well - darned independent suspension! - but I felt more at home in the Compass than I did in the Infinity (might be my proletariat roots!_
Anyhow - I'll still take my ZJ - but in a pinch - the Compass is still a more competent vehicle than the yuppie infinity -

Damn glad I have a BS in math, MS in comp sci and a PhD in statistics rather than an MBA - I'd have a hell of a time adapting to a QX80!

Cheers

Steve

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: QX 80 and a Compass
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 11:12:01 am »
Next time that you want to drive a computer on wheels, try a Tesla!  8)
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

SteveTheFolkie

• To live is to fly, all alone and high
    • View Profile
    • Steves music site
Re: QX 80 and a Compass
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 06:28:16 pm »
You missed the point of my post -