Author Topic: Jan Club Ride  (Read 19524 times)

Morton

• View Profile
Re: Jan Club Ride
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2015, 10:08:04 am »
If anyone wants to go and run around in 6" of fresh snow i am in. Had fun last time playing on the hills. I am sure PennDOT will have the interstate opened by morning.
Morton St. Hart
03 Rubicon, 4.0 5spd,
Rock Krawler LA
3 link w/coil overs front
4 link rear
on 35's

07 sunburst orange Avalanche

CJ8Ted

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2015, 02:05:04 pm »
I think I'm still in ::)

Ground Hog: I may be calling your Cell # my home puter was acting up last night.

Ted
85' CJ8 on 33s w/ 4.56s

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2015, 03:47:55 pm »
when I get up at 5am I will decide if I will be up. I have traveled home from paragon enough to know that the roads up there suck along with all the traffic for me to stay home if it snows.
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Slowcrawl70

• Noel Enright
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2015, 04:46:01 pm »
Id probably go still. Haven't tried my bfg mud terrains on the street in the snow yet but all the magazines say they suck in the snow....
1994 YJ " Bertha" , d 44's,  locked front and rear, sm420 conversion, 4 popper and 33's. ..."doing more with less"
2000 TJ Sahara,  stock 3.73's and a Trac lock
2005 LJ , 33's,  some lift, 6 spd manual, hard/soft top my daily

Morton

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2015, 05:27:12 pm »
I run mud terrains and haven't had any problems.
Morton St. Hart
03 Rubicon, 4.0 5spd,
Rock Krawler LA
4 link rear
on 35's

Slowcrawl70

• Noel Enright
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2015, 06:10:51 pm »
I am also unlocked as of right now...   don't want to hold anyone back.... was icy last weekend up there....
1994 YJ " Bertha" , d 44's,  locked front and rear, sm420 conversion, 4 popper and 33's. ..."doing more with less"
2000 TJ Sahara,  stock 3.73's and a Trac lock
2005 LJ , 33's,  some lift, 6 spd manual, hard/soft top my daily

CJ8Ted

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2015, 06:39:06 pm »
I have traveled home from paragon enough to know that the roads up there suck along with all the traffic for me to stay home if it snows.

I am out,
I don't feel like highway driving w/ 80 mph fools.

Next time I hope to join you.
Ted

85' CJ8 on 33s w/ 4.56s

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2015, 06:57:31 pm »
I run mud terrians and all though they clean cleats well they are not the best in snow and are slick in the rain. I get around fine ,mind you, but the traction could be better.

I have Jeep loaded but if its snowing I am out BC the trek will be to time consuming and I can go play on the tractor lanes down here. I can't drive my jeep on the road that far BC I just put bead locks on it.
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Morton

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2015, 07:05:04 pm »
It looks like no one is going. I will see you on the next one.
Morton St. Hart
03 Rubicon, 4.0 5spd,
Rock Krawler LA
4 link rear
on 35's

bbannon

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2015, 07:21:17 pm »
I'm still in.  They are calling for 4-8 inches in Tremont.  Lots of fun wheelin int he snow up there!!!

bbannon

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2015, 08:04:11 pm »

going to bed soon but I hope at least one other person is going?  Even if it isn't a club event???  Please feel free to call or text me 6 one o -299 -47o3  if you're goin up.  I plan to be tin the parking lot around 8:30 am.

thanks!
Brian

bbannon

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2015, 06:07:37 pm »
missed you guys up there today.  It was smooth sailing up and back the PA roads were clear - seriously I know its rare but PennDot did a great job.  The trails were very slick with a coating of ice underneath but fun if you were careful. Nothing broken and didn't get stuck - great day on the trail.  Hoping we can run soon.

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2015, 11:50:29 am »
Glad you had a safe trip up and fun on the trails. Post some pics if you took any, I am sure the woods looked beautiful. Were there a lot of people up there?

We had snow turn to sleet and the roads were icy down my way, Gettysburg got more than we did so I am sure the first leg of the trip would've been rough.
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
1947 CJ2-A

bbannon

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2015, 12:49:56 pm »
Glad you had a safe trip up and fun on the trails. Post some pics if you took any, I am sure the woods looked beautiful. Were there a lot of people up there?

We had snow turn to sleet and the roads were icy down my way, Gettysburg got more than we did so I am sure the first leg of the trip would've been rough.
There were about 15-20 people up there total.  I tagged along with a crew from Northern Virginia/DC/Maryland area - some were pretty young and "green" we'll say.  A few pics and videos here:     https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B16CN8Tj-FvDUktRZm9WT09GdVE&usp=sharing  The red Jeep's antics - the guys first time offroading ever -- are on Topless for TaTas which was very icy and many had issues making the hill climbs mostly because of a misunderstanding of momentum and throttle control.  Ended up pealing off with a more "seasoned" (aka old like me) guy in the JKUR on 35's with the orange accents and breaking fresh snow on the trails on the west property.  Very slick on Power Line trail going down and H coming back. J and J1 were closed for ice.  No issues on 10 or 11.  Will be taking old floor mats (great, cheap traction aid that some used multiple times), sand/salt next time it snows to reduce the "pucker factor" on the narrow ledges requiring a lot more throttle than usual. The new Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx's performed great!