Author Topic: Restaurant's we've ate at, found a good place let us know  (Read 5674 times)

HANGMAN

• View Profile
Restaurant's we've ate at, found a good place let us know
« on: July 06, 2014, 12:15:10 pm »
Some times when running around the country, when we get hungry and start looking for a good food stop restaurant it's nice to know someone was here before us and it was a good place to eat, at that time anyway.
If you find one and it's good let use here know.

I'll start,     Mission BBQ, 970 Loucks Rd., Maple Village Plaza, Look for the Big blackish Army Truck
                                     http://mission-bbq.com/our-story
                                     http://mission-bbq.com/menu

The meat just falls of the bones. :)       
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 10:33:40 pm by HANGMAN »
74 jeep CJ5  ( PACKMULE )
BOB BEHLER
OVER, THROUGH OR UNDER

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Restaurant's we've ate at, found a good place let us know
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 01:51:49 pm »
I use Tripadvisor.com for people's reviews of hotels, restaurants and attractions all over the world.  Very descriptive, and often photos are included. 
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

SteveTheFolkie

• To live is to fly, all alone and high
    • View Profile
    • Steves music site
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 08:16:54 pm »
When I travel, business or pleasure, I seek out where the locals go, served me well from Schwertberg Austria to Mexicali Mexico, from Orlando Florida to Beaverton Oregon.  It never ceases to amaze me how much better, cheaper and tastier the food is and how much better the company is when you hit a local joint.  Works really well if you can speak some basic phrases in the native language (especially helpful when seeking BBQ in the deep south!).  Really want to make friends?  Buy a round for the house in a local bar - you'll find friends, translators and local guides all for the cost of a drink or ten!

Cheers

Steve

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 10:05:03 pm »
That's why I like watching Anthony Bourdain's shows...He gets the lowdown on little hole in the wall food places, tries stuff that we've never heard of, and makes friends all over the place.

I stayed at a motel in the Carolinas years ago that came with a free breakfast.  The people in front of me made gagging sounds when the cook offered them grits.  I said yes sir, I'd love some grits...and I believe that he gave me my serving plus what they could have gotten!  I felt compelled to eat it all as he was grinning from ear to ear and could see where I was sitting!
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

SteveTheFolkie

• To live is to fly, all alone and high
    • View Profile
    • Steves music site
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 06:35:07 pm »
Similar experience in Mexico (somewhere on the West coast of Baja in 1977)- line of locals in front of a hovel, all walking away with what appeared to be food, so, being young, stupid, hungry from a day of surfing and social, I stood in line and for about $1.25USD walked away with three fish tacos and a carta blanca (beer) - damn great food and didn't get sick.  Apparently they served food when they caught fish - place wasn't open the next couple of days and I was treking North to re-enter the great USA in time to make it back to Philly to start Drexel!