The Garage > Work In Progress

The beginning of a "Grand" affair

<< < (2/2)

SteveTheFolkie:
New tires this morning - runs great - handles better(the wife even likes driving it) - no rust (like zero) underneath except for one brake line that'll be replaced next weekend (had one blow out on an XJ - NOT a prime moment in my life) - putting shocks on it when I get back from Austria (mid May - business trip - tough life - fly into Munich, take the A1 to Austria, reserved an M3 as a rental, company pays for everything but speeding tickets (130KPH in Austria so I've gotta keep it around 90MPH) - odd thing is - I smile when I drive this jeep - the last car that had that effect on me was a grey market scirocco 16V GTI - so she's a keeper (scirocco had a horrible death - tin worm on the front strut towers) -

Cheers

Steve

SteveTheFolkie:
Still driving the old girl, it's been a year or so, replaced the alternator and serp belt (whoo-hoo!) - recently (post thaw) the front suspension has started to groan over bumps - suspect a worn ball joint - will take a peek at that over the weekend... headed to Austria next month (business again) - have a G-Wagen reserved - interested to see how it does on the unrestricted 'bahn between Munich and the Austrian border on a Sunday (no trucks allowed!) - betcha it's better than the Renault Clio I had last year!  Yeah - the ZJ is a heck of a vehicle!  It's been a very good year ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version