Author Topic: Taking a minute to introduce myself.  (Read 10167 times)

PaulW

• Dunno what goes here.
    • View Profile
Taking a minute to introduce myself.
« on: March 17, 2014, 09:48:58 pm »
Hello all. I hail to you today from your neighbor to the East, CT.  My Wife, myself, and our kids are looking at seasonal campsites within 2-3 hours of Hartford Ct for the upcoming season.  A little about me...I have been a member of the offroad community for over 20 years.  My hobby started as dirt bikes, and atv's but has evolved into Jeeps.  I have owner 7 xj's, 2 zj's and an MJ.  Currently I roll around in a 99 WJ with a 2" bb and 245/75r16 Muds, (I kind of got stuck with it after rolling my last XJ in September, and my wife took the insurance money and bought herself a mini van.  So I got stuck with her Jeep.)  I am a professional auto tech by day, and a father and hobbyist welder by night.  Our search for campsites also gives me a base of operations for some weekend exploring above and beyond my local trail systems.  I have been attached to NeJeep for the last 10 years, and haven't been through PA wheeling since the closure of Paragon (I miss that place).  Hopefully I can get to know some of you over the forum and take up some weekend trips.  We are also looking into VT, and NH.  IF there's anything else I can think of, I'll add it to the post later.  Here's some pics.

Here's the one I rolled..

When we got the wifes Jeep last July..

I have done a little work to it since, 2" lift going in...

Bad cell night shot...

Adding the winch...

Trying out the winch..

I do have a little redneck in me.  My riding mower has 3" dual exhaust (It's a video.  Click it and turn up the speakers.  Kind of harleyesq)...

And my favorite, The Grimm Jeeper Tatoo...

04 TJ, bastard lift, 33's, winch, bumpers, dents and scratches and it's not even paid for yet!  Paul Wilks.

HANGMAN

• View Profile
Re: Taking a minute to introduce myself.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 12:43:33 am »
good morning PaulW, WELCOME to the Forum, nice to hear from you and see the photos, it's more fun trying out the new winch then the old roof, hope you walked away from that experience? Think you'll get to the PA Jeep Show this year?
74 jeep CJ5  ( PACKMULE )
BOB BEHLER
OVER, THROUGH OR UNDER

PaulW

• Dunno what goes here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 05:35:12 pm »
Yup, seatbelt saved me in the roll.  I'm tentatively marking the Jeep show on my calander.  The next few weeks will determine where our weekends are going to be reserved this summer.  My family is travelling to the great north to look at 2 campgrounds this weekend.
04 TJ, bastard lift, 33's, winch, bumpers, dents and scratches and it's not even paid for yet!  Paul Wilks.

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 07:15:02 am »
Hmmm I cant see the pics but glad you were ok in the roll over. Welcome to our forum.  We all miss Paragon....oh the memories.  Maybe you can join us for a ride sometime
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

PaulW

• Dunno what goes here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 06:52:50 pm »
I'm watching the posts for next blue run to RC.  I might try to convince the wife to let me come down.  It's approx 5 hours each way for me, so I'd have to make a weekend of it.

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 10:39:11 pm »
LOL awesome riding mower! The tattoo is cool to.
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

PaulW

• Dunno what goes here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 12:34:19 am »
There is an explanation for the mower other than I'm a dick neighbor....if you can't read it creat an account and log in its worth reading through ...

http://forum.northeastjeep.org/index.php?topic=28739.0

PaulW

• Dunno what goes here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 12:43:36 am »
LOL awesome riding mower! The tattoo is cool to.

The tat was an impulse  "buy".  But the mower was the second one built . 

1" exhaust stock necked to. 1. 1/4" drilled and dumped into. 3" side pipes.  Yup I'm a CT redneck. Tractors are easy . Jeep exhaust can be tricky (cough) um 3" dual exhaust on a riding mower... 

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 07:52:45 am »
Glad to see I am not the only one with complaining neighbors and noisy ordanance officers.I did see the video of the tractor lol.
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
1947 CJ2-A

PaulW

• Dunno what goes here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 05:54:23 pm »
Yes, I am quite the pleasant neighbor.