Author Topic: Door Surrounds....  (Read 5293 times)

j.haffly

• View Profile
Door Surrounds....
« on: February 08, 2014, 03:50:38 pm »
Are they really needed?  I've never had them on my rig with my soft top of 10 years....needing to replace the rear window....however, I think there has been a design change....the teeth in the side zippers of the new rear window dont face the teeth of the old top....

Any advice on this?  I'm going to contact BestTop and see if they have changed the design....
Jim "I'm Jonesing for some off-roading" Haffly

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
Re: Door Surrounds....
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 05:15:39 am »
Yes, the design as well as hardware and zippers are totally different from 10 years ago. It's called progress and upgrading.
Finding pieces for your top will be tough outside going to swap meets Jim.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

j.haffly

• View Profile
Re: Door Surrounds....
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 11:10:20 am »
Actually...I talked to BesTop and was informed that the design has not changed since I bought mine....the rear window does zip at the top....and was informed that yes, I do in fact need to 'fold' the teeth over to zip it up....and even the person at BesTop agreed with me that the design for the side zippers could be better....go figure
Jim "I'm Jonesing for some off-roading" Haffly