Author Topic: Engine Light, Battery Gauge  (Read 6079 times)

j.haffly

• View Profile
Engine Light, Battery Gauge
« on: January 24, 2014, 08:57:21 am »
Ok...the other day, it's like minus 5 outside....start the Wrangler, no issues....let her warm up a bit and then put it in gear....the 'check guages' light comes on...I notice that the battery gauge is pegged to the right....I get to where I'm going and turn it off, turn it back on, battery gauge is back to normal now....but the 'check engine' light is on....I am assuming that is most likely due to the the battery gauge pegging out on me....correct? 
Jim "I'm Jonesing for some off-roading" Haffly

pa2phx

• View Profile
Re: Engine Light, Battery Gauge
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 08:58:53 pm »
safe bet those events are connected. If it was me  i would just disconnect the batt for a few minutes to reset the check engine light and drive it for a week to see if it comes back.
John Michael

j.haffly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 11:55:56 am »
Well, it seems to have taken care of itself....light was on Friday....gone this AM....  :)
Jim "I'm Jonesing for some off-roading" Haffly

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 10:09:36 am »
I have noticed with this nasty cold weather a lot of peoples alternators going bad, I don't know if maybe because the batteries are freezing so bad that proper charging isn't working and may be some of your problem
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7