Author Topic: T150 Rebuild question  (Read 40172 times)

CRJeepin

• View Profile
T150 Rebuild question
« on: December 06, 2013, 11:47:46 pm »
Rebuilding the T150 from my 79 CJ-5 (slowly - been stalled on the entire project over a year).

About have it back together and checking engagement of all the gears and not sure I have reverse and neutral set up right.  Anybody that knows how she oughtta engage want to trade a few beers for a checkup of it?  Would hate to find out it's wrong before I put it back under.

Have a rebuild kit from Novak and the factory service manual I've followed, so I think I've done OK with it but just want to be sure.

Or any ideas of a shop that might only charge a few bucks to go over it would be appreciated too.  I'm right in York near Mt Rose and I-83.

Thanks
Chris

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
Re: T150 Rebuild question
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 05:13:06 pm »
Honestly I never cared for the T-150 trans and swapped them out rather than mess with them. A fine 3-Speed "street" trans but all but useless off road IMO.

Good Luck
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

Davew

• Jenn's On Board Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: T150 Rebuild question
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 01:14:38 pm »
put the synchronizers in neutral and spin input shaft , the output shaft shound not spin .
put the synchro in reverse spin input shaft clockwise and output shaft should turn counter clockwise.
Stupidity, if left untreated is self-correcting