Author Topic: Home fire safety  (Read 5898 times)

canman35

• bob bracken
    • View Profile
Home fire safety
« on: November 24, 2013, 07:59:04 pm »
Well it seems the past few days since the temps have dropped people have been burning the wood stoves, fire places a lot . Unfortunately a few of them FORGOT basic safety issues while doing it !!!! PLEASE REMEMBER to check/ clean your chimneys PRIOR to firing up these items, to avoid a VERY COSTLY/ POSSIBLY DEADLY  ISSUE. A carbon monoxide detector and a good smoke detector are invaluable, if anyone has any questions on these PLEASE ASK, I will offer the best advise that I can to you :)) also once you have burnt the logs please place the the ash in a METAL CONTAINER THAT HAS A LID FAR AWAY from any COMBUSTABLE MATERIALS !!!!!  CARDBOARD BOXES ARE NOT SUITABLE TO STORE ASH IN !!!!!! Believe it or not I have seen it done :((((((
2008 jk  35" bfg's, 4'lift, disco's,  diff covers, 4:88's, limited slip front and rear, cold air intake, "cherry bomb" catback exhuast, Hypertec max programmer, bushwaker flares, stainless steel bumpers and nerf bars,coverking seat covers, cb
2007 liberty daughters daily driver.

pa2phx

• View Profile
Re: Home fire safety
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 03:17:45 am »
Dont forget about xmas tree season. it is amazing how hot those burn.
John Michael

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 09:37:20 am »
have you seen the aerosol style fire extinguishers, looks like a big can of hair spray. what are the safeness of these for small fires?
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

canman35

• bob bracken
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 05:52:04 am »
Well, I will say this much for those type of extinguishers Hillbilly ,I have never seen one used so not sure how well they work. Personally I recommend a dry chem ABC extinguisher for everyday use because they are a proven source for putting out most common fires , most people but the 2.5 pound models
2008 jk  35" bfg's, 4'lift, disco's,  diff covers, 4:88's, limited slip front and rear, cold air intake, "cherry bomb" catback exhuast, Hypertec max programmer, bushwaker flares, stainless steel bumpers and nerf bars,coverking seat covers, cb
2007 liberty daughters daily driver.