Author Topic: 13-July-2013 seven days and a wake up  (Read 40436 times)

HANGMAN

• View Profile
13-July-2013 seven days and a wake up
« on: June 13, 2013, 12:26:22 am »
Can't believe the show is this close and not a lot of chatter on the forum yet  ???
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 09:20:48 am by HANGMAN »
74 jeep CJ5  ( PACKMULE )
BOB BEHLER
OVER, THROUGH OR UNDER

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
Re: 13-6-13 Thirty seven days and a wake up
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 10:01:55 am »
we talk about it at the meetings all the time.  ;), lots of chatter, Ian Johnson will be back this year, new tshirt designs, new trophy designs, its not the TOYOTA arena anymore, Quadratec being bigger this year, JEEP underground will be back, musical entertainment. I painted the jeep, the boys is actually running and driving. and weve talked to just about every Jeep owner within shouting range about the show and a lot of people are syked(?) and ready to go. I think Bantam stole a lot of our excitement because its first, im sure after Bantam is over more people will be chattering. ???
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

hillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 10:11:54 am »
all right Bantams over lets focus on our own show. painted the jeep just for the event and have atleast a dozen jeeps coming with us.
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 11:19:42 am »
I am back from Bantam and Jeeped out....lol
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

GrandmasterWJ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 11:15:17 pm »
I haven't been @ Bantam yet. I wanted to go this year but couldn't get off from work. I look @ it this way, @ least I got off for the jeep show. I cn't wait. I'm getting very excited !!
2002 Grand Cherokee WJ, 4.5 Rustys lift, 17" AEV Pintler beadlock wheels with Goodyear Duratrac tires, 4xGuard matrix front bumper/brush guard, Kevins off road light bar with KC lights, Carolina Driveline front & rear driveshafts, Addco front & rear sway bars, Bilstein shocks & steering stabilizers

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 01:41:47 pm »
I like our show better. We have way more Jeep parts vendors and a swap meet section.
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Colli

• Newsletter Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 05:21:03 pm »
Yes, Bantam had a scented candle vendor, a basement waterproofing vendor, and a chiropractor. They'll take anyone's money, Jeep related or not. Although an argument could be made for the chiropractor.
Colli Leighton
1967 Jeepster Commando Pick Up - work in progress
2000 TJ - trail rig (ample lift, 35" MTZs, 8.8 rear, 4.88 gears, 12 different soft tops)
2012 Ram 2500HD Crew Cab - tow rig
2015 Cherokee - grocery getter
Trailer - to tow my Jeeps around

HANGMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 08:45:20 pm »
So, I guess you never had to make a trail repair by candle light, also good to keep the hands warm in January while making that trail repair.
As with the basement waterproofing, best place to test the Jeeps under water capability would be your basement filled with water, (water can't get in water can't get out) in the convenience of your own home.
BOB BEHLER
OVER, THROUGH OR UNDER

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
Re: 21-6-13 Twenty nine days and a wake up
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 05:41:35 pm »
You don't see vendors like that at our Jeep Show any more because it's not what our participants want.
I could jam the place with hundreds of that nature but we're not "all about the money" like Bantam is.

I attended Bantam and have some very disappointing stories. They'll NEVER learn because it's not ran by "Jeepers". They have NO clue.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 08:17:20 pm »
Did they have replacement window and timeshare vendors?  Gotta have those to round out the field of unnecessaries.
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

GrandmasterWJ

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2013, 10:18:11 pm »
I look @ it this way. Every event is different. Some have a better turnout than others. It all depends on how the show is organized. I heard alot of cool things about Bantam. My WJ should be completed B4 next years Bantam show. I'm planning on taking a trip out to the show next year for the 1st time.
2002 Grand Cherokee WJ, 4.5 Rustys lift, 17" AEV Pintler beadlock wheels with Goodyear Duratrac tires, 4xGuard matrix front bumper/brush guard, Kevins off road light bar with KC lights, Carolina Driveline front & rear driveshafts, Addco front & rear sway bars, Bilstein shocks & steering stabilizers

hillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 09:09:57 am »
every jeep show needs "women" tents, you want new rims your wife wants Tupperware, etc. and every show is different ours is primarily and number one about jeeps and the 4wd community, and family.

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2013, 10:39:52 am »
It would be cool if the annual Women's Show at the fairgrounds in autumn would have suspension kits and welders for the bored men walking around...hehe.
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

HANGMAN

• View Profile
Re: 25-6-13 Twenty five days and a wake up
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2013, 09:43:52 pm »
I'm never bored at a Woman's Show, after Jeeps, I like to admire females, wait that may be backwards :-\
BOB BEHLER
OVER, THROUGH OR UNDER

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 01:42:27 pm »
Women shows whats that??? Is that those clubs that open late at night?  >:D

I only attend car, motorcycle and Jeep shows and I don't see the need for any candles or pocketbook crap....I go to see the vehicles and parts I can buy, and to drool at things...... ;D
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
1947 CJ2-A