Annual Jeep Show > 18th Annual (2013)

13-July-2013 seven days and a wake up

<< < (11/11)

HANGMAN:
Well here is the count of the Jeeps and other unidentifiable vehicles that crossed over the Log Bridge, on my watch,
Saturday 1:00 - 5:00 no less then 398, one slipped a tire off and reversed to get back up on the logs.
Sunday 8:00 - 2:30 no less then 468, one slipped a tire off and went forward to get back up on the logs, both drivers recovered skillfully.
At one point I had to leave to help recover, with the bob cat, a Jeep stuck on the inter rock trail, and a back up spotter took over the Log Bridge, well he gave the position back to me quicker then you can say "NO NO, YOUR OTHER LEFT!" I did  not see what happened, but heard it was an interesting incident.
My guess is 25% of the drivers did not watch the spotter, maybe they can't see the bright orange shirts, it's mostly guys that don't watch the spotter.
Drivers would pass me and say "The Log Bridge and it's entrance was more intimidating and difficult then the Rocks". Humm, I don't know what to say about that.
I hope to look at photos that other people post on the forum so I may get to see other parts of the show, I know everybody appreciates the photos also, thanks in advance.
Everything crossed the Log Bridge from narrow track, with no room to spare on the inside logs, little old WILLYS, no disrespect on old, to something BIG and GREEN called T-REX, with a very wide track and no room to spare on the outside logs. All in all the drivers did very well crossing the Log Bridge safely.
Oh, and a few Jeeps must have been running a shuttle service around the course, they went over the Log Bridge many times and were counted each time.   
It looked like the spotters had there hands full many times on the BIG ROCKS, it was nice having two rock trails, kept it real interesting all day long. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version