Author Topic: dash conversion  (Read 5562 times)

Peyton

• my boy and my cj 7
    • View Profile
dash conversion
« on: May 07, 2013, 01:27:48 pm »
I was wondering has anyone convert their tj dash over to a cj dash and if so how involved is it.

Thanks
Dave
Peyton

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
Re: dash conversion
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 04:08:32 pm »
Why would you...?
I've owned many CJ's and I would NEVER place a CJ dash in a TJ.
I'm not even sure it's possible because they are two different animals.

It's like placing "Covered Wagon" parts in a "Cadillac"...Think about it!
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

HANGMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 09:14:10 pm »
:o PARTS FOR SALE  :o , 1-"1865" Covered wagon top, good canvas, will shed water, very few arrow holes.                         
                                     1- wooden bench seat, for above wagon, will also fit in a "1965" Cadillac El Dorado.
                                     1- "1965" canvas rag top (natural color) for a Cadillac El Dorado, this top will also fit a "1865" covered wagon, with minor modifications .
                                     1- set of leather front seats (saddle color) from a "1965" Cadillac El Dorado, will fit a "1865" covered wagon.

sold, sold ,sold & sold  :D
74 jeep CJ5  ( PACKMULE )
BOB BEHLER
OVER, THROUGH OR UNDER

Peyton

• my boy and my cj 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 08:54:55 am »
I just like the look of a cj didn't know if it could be done if not oh well just a thought

Tha ks
Dave
Peyton

HANGMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 01:07:07 am »
Payton, I can see why you would like the CJ's all metal, glass, very little plastic and rubber knobs, dash with its Spartan looks and not the all plastic, vinyl and very little metal newer dashes. When you look at an early CJ dash you see history and uniqueness, look at a newer dash and what do you see  :'(.
You could be blind folded and as you slowly run your hands across a CJ's dash, you would know by the protruding gauges, knobs and it's cold flatness where you are at, try that with a newer jeep dash and see what you feel.
74 jeep CJ5  ( PACKMULE )
BOB BEHLER
OVER, THROUGH OR UNDER