Author Topic: replacing springs  (Read 5788 times)

Peyton

• my boy and my cj 7
    • View Profile
replacing springs
« on: May 01, 2013, 08:40:54 am »
I'm looking to replace my springs on my 04 wrangler I'm looking to keeping the same height how would i go about measuring the springs they are on the jeep now. Any recommendation on a make and a stiffer spring.

thanks
Dave
Peyton

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
Re: replacing springs
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 09:55:25 am »
you do NOT want to lift it just replace the springs? is what youre asking right. if so then just get a set of factory replacement springs. if you are afraid of shrinkage then maybe a set of 2" longer springs. do you have the 4 or 6 cylinder, I believe the 6 have stiffer springs.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

Peyton

• my boy and my cj 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 02:50:24 pm »
It does have a six its rubicon with 35s I believe it has a 4 in lift already on it I'm looking to stay the same hieght but alittle stiffer so it handles the road better
Peyton

Peyton

• my boy and my cj 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 02:51:30 pm »
I'm removing the 4in body lift installing a 1in
Peyton

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 04:29:01 pm »
A 4" body lift is a bit much and agree your should lower that part. But I would replace it with a 2" body lift. Reason being you still want room to get that car wash wand up under there. If you don't have heavy duty skid plating the reason being is to keep your lockers from getting "mucked" up with crud. The Rubicons have two small "low pressure" air lockers for each axle. They breathe and exhaust heat through a small filter. If that filter gets clogged they will not engage when needed. I know I have to drop my plating to clean mine out of my '06 LJ.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

Peyton

• my boy and my cj 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 01:23:00 pm »
Thanks for your help I will go with a 2 inch lift.
Peyton