Author Topic: York Daily Record  (Read 12330 times)

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
York Daily Record
« on: April 15, 2013, 05:57:46 pm »
Watch this paper if you're local and receive it. Our Club and it's Annual Jeep Show is being advertised.

For those of us "not" in the distribution area I will place the "on-line" link as soon as it's forwarded so we all can view it on the web.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: York Daily Record
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 08:49:21 am »
I saw the advertisement for the club in this Sunday's paper.  However, the editor who paginated it broke the web address into two lines of type and hyphenated it like this: 
www.pa-jeeps.org .  When you type that in, you don't get to our site.   There was certainly room for her to put the web address on its own line and not break into another line.

If you run another free ad, I'd consider adding the time, date, and location of our club meetings to the text.  Make it easier for them to find us.
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

HANGMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 05:57:56 pm »
If all of these vehicle club advertisements and events in the York Sunday News Paper are free, boy we did not take advantage of that situation.
There are two sections with auto clubs and one section with auto events, I would have liked to have seen our advertisement in the EVENTS column, if (space permitting  :().

74 jeep CJ5  ( PACKMULE )
BOB BEHLER
OVER, THROUGH OR UNDER

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 03:57:46 pm »
I explained everything clearly and in detail in a phone conversation. If it was misprinted then "she" the news writer dropped the ball.

"FREE" is not always the "best" way to go reguardless if they print it 500 times. They may misprint it 500 times.

I tried, they failed. It is what it is and I will follow-up with our concerns.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

HANGMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 07:52:26 pm »
"she" has a name, which I should not print here and a email address which is.      chirko@ydr.com 
Information can be sent to her about our event or club information in detail, some events / auto. clubs have up to 14 lines.

go to.      www.inyork.com/drive     to view other events / auto. clubs.
or           www.inyork.com/drive.

The only above differences in the above two (www's) is the last . (period)  :-\ at the end of the address, the period is printed in the News Paper.
I think we can put information directly in the paper, I think this may be free also, I did not see anything about $ to do this.
BOB BEHLER
OVER, THROUGH OR UNDER

HANGMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 02:05:03 pm »
OK, the article in the York Daily Record - Friday's edition is so much better, way-to-go Rick 8).
Mr. Keezel  from Costly Obsession Car Club had something to say about our club also, (you have to read the article to understand this sentence).
BOB BEHLER
OVER, THROUGH OR UNDER

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 02:15:23 pm »
Mr. Keezel  from Costly Obsession Car Club had something to say about our club also, (you have to read the article to understand this sentence).

Yeah, I saw that they put a quote from the previous club into our entry.  Reminds me of a story that I heard where a lady circled all the errors in the newspaper with a red pen, made an appointment with the editor-in-chief, threw the newspaper down in front of him, and stated, "You need me"!  He hired her on the spot.

Our ad also stated that we're givers back to society.  Speaking of which, how's the CCC food drive going that I started in January?  Is it time to make a pick up and deliver it?
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

HANGMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 09:42:42 pm »
Well today I went on a "Rum run" to the Turkey Hill Store and also picked up the free papers (I like free), one being Discover York County and the Jeep Show is listed. THANK YOU to the P.R. person. 8)
BOB BEHLER
OVER, THROUGH OR UNDER

HANGMAN

• View Profile
Re: York Daily Record and other publications
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 12:23:18 am »
I'm still finding the show being listed in other event listings like the Where & When, Pennsylvania Travel Guide, free at your local Turkey Hill Stores, this publication covers all over Pennsylvania.
I think our advertising crew has done a excellent job at promoting our show, I have been catching it listed here and there in local printed listings.
But still am being asked about the show when people see the STAFF shirts (Ooh, how about   tie dyed STAFF shirts 8) some year) I wear around York and Adams Counties.
I may have to pick up fliers for next years show and drop off at local auto parts stores, ADVANCED AUTO, AUTO ZONE and NAPA to name a few, if the store managers will allow this, the employees are asking me about the shows dates and times.

BOB BEHLER
OVER, THROUGH OR UNDER

GrandmasterWJ

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 10:58:38 pm »
Good idea. I would like to get my hands onto some fliers to hand out. There would be alot of interest in my area.
2002 Grand Cherokee WJ, 4.5 Rustys lift, 17" AEV Pintler beadlock wheels with Goodyear Duratrac tires, 4xGuard matrix front bumper/brush guard, Kevins off road light bar with KC lights, Carolina Driveline front & rear driveshafts, Addco front & rear sway bars, Bilstein shocks & steering stabilizers

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 11:25:50 pm »
I just print a modified registration front page with the info on it to pass out. had some wooden nickels made up and they seemed to work well too.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7