Author Topic: upgrades  (Read 8239 times)

pa2phx

• View Profile
upgrades
« on: March 03, 2013, 06:05:43 pm »
looking at upgrading my headlights. getting tired of not being able to see at night. Does anyone have any recommendations on the many different types and manufacturers?

Also looking to install something under the hood for connecting various electrical do-dads. i know they make something but not sure where to find them. Any suggestions?
John Michael

MUDDY

• Jon Vasellas
    • View Profile
Re: upgrades
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 02:53:51 pm »
WHY CHANGE HEADLIGHTS JUST ADD FOGS.
98 grand cherokee mild liFT
97 CHEVY 3IN LIFT

HANGMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 12:48:26 am »
looking at upgrading my headlights. getting tired of not being able to see at night. Does anyone have any recommendations on the many different types and manufacturers?

Also looking to install something under the hood for connecting various electrical do-dads. i know they make something but not sure where to find them. Any suggestions?

Connecting electrical do-dads? Can you narrow that down some? Might you be looking for relays, terminal strips, barrier strips,or just a second battery.
What kind of do-dads?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 10:26:07 am by HANGMAN »
74 jeep CJ5  ( PACKMULE )
BOB BEHLER
OVER, THROUGH OR UNDER

pa2phx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 04:01:45 pm »
WHY CHANGE HEADLIGHTS JUST ADD FOGS.

well i already have offroad lights on the windshield and i have a winch so i dont want any more lights mounted nor do i want anything else blocking the radiator. i know they make lots of different upgrades for the headlights just dont know which ones are any good
John Michael

pa2phx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 04:04:01 pm »

Connecting electrical do-dads? Can you narrow that down some? Might you be looking for relays, terminal strips, barrier strips,or just a second battery.
What kind of do-dads?

well i suppose it would be a add on fuse box. something with one tie in to the batt and then multiple outputs to connect all the after market equipment.
John Michael

HANGMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 11:25:21 pm »
Look up (NAPA website, part # TEE PDC 701) or keywords, Power Distribution Center or Fuse Block.
This can lead to many parts you can use.
74 jeep CJ5  ( PACKMULE )
BOB BEHLER
OVER, THROUGH OR UNDER

zc0717

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 10:07:13 am »
What kind of Jeep?

I have a YJ. I bought H4 conversion lamps from q-tec at the show last summer. The bulbs it came with kinda sucked but they did spread more light that the stock style lamps. I upgraded my bulbs to 5000k HIDs and I dont think I'll go back.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/97009_501_07.htm

Or if you have a good bit of money to spend on an upgrade you could go to leds. I've seen a few YJs with them and the owners seem to really like them.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/97009_8101.htm
Zac McGinnis

1994 YJ

pa2phx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 04:47:48 pm »
Thanks guys I will looking at all these options. This is definitely on my list of needed upgrades.
John Michael