Author Topic: Tires Revisited....  (Read 5403 times)

j.haffly

• View Profile
Tires Revisited....
« on: May 13, 2013, 01:09:30 pm »
Ok....just found out the place I use for stuff I cant do cannot balance 33" tires....

But I found Mickey Thompson's Baja MTZ for $565 installed for two of them....is that a decent price?

Thanks for putting up with me!

Jim
Jim "I'm Jonesing for some off-roading" Haffly

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
Re: Tires Revisited....
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 08:44:08 pm »
walmart will balance 33's and did you think about dyna beads for balance
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

j.haffly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 10:53:17 am »
I dont do Wal-Mart to be honest....even less so for automotive stuff....they've screwed me twice with vehicle related stuff at different stores....

When we had our '89 Cherokee took it to Wal-Mart to have the tires rotated....driving home I hear a 'thud thud thud'...I get home and upon looking, they didnt tighten one of the tires lug nuts!!!  Called them up, idiots wanted me to bring it back in!!!  I told them I of course took care of it...

Another time, we are on vacation....stayed with the brother-in-law and the morning took the car to Wal-Mart to have the oil changed....drove from Florida to Ohio, no issues....car is running fine....no problem....go to pickup the car, barely starts and is sputtering and running like crap....then it dies....wont start....I go in, pretty upset, 'what did you do to my car?!?!?'  They push it back in and 4 hours later, tell me they have no clue.....I get it towed to a mechanic in a town I'm not from to a mechanic I dont know...we get a rental car and continue on....mechanic calls me two days later....crankshaft is broke!!!!!  I was like 'WTF?!?!?!?'  I emailed Wal-Mart HQ telling them what is going on, car ran fine to the store, not running when your shop was done with it....mechanic tells me he cannot say 100% that it was Wal-Mart's fault....what does Wal-Mart do for me....not a damn thing!!!!

I have had other non-vehicle issues with them over the years...suffice to say they do not get any of my business, ever.

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 11:35:54 am »
the only thing I take to walmart for mechanical ,is to balance tires at 5 a tire their the cheapest and you really cant screw that up.    besides watching a 110 pound guy toss around a tire the size of him is comical when your on this side.      and the wife works there so I cant say anything bad about them.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

j.haffly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 12:10:13 pm »
LOL....I hear ya....my wife was working for them when we were dating and stayed with them part-time after that....she quit when they went stupid....oh, and yes, I still would go in and raise crap about stuff with them....