Author Topic: December Club Ride  (Read 14926 times)

peter84

• View Profile
Re: December Club Ride
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2012, 12:43:06 pm »
Charlotte had a great day!
Peter Caddick
2006 TJ - 4" Zone Offroad Products lift, 33x10.50x15 BFG A/T, 6" Bushwaker flares, Bestop Tyre Carrier, Skid Row engine and fuel tank skid plates, A to Z Rocker Guards, SYE, BDS belly up pan
2012 Patriot 4x4 Sport
2015 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6
2015 Cherokee Latitude 4x4 V6

jpkenny

• Kim Lorah
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2012, 02:30:22 pm »
Nice write up Peter. It was a nice day to be in the woods, i really enjoyed it. :)
OLD SCHOOL WHEELER   Big Red TJ  Little Black CJ

Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2012, 03:05:07 pm »
We got back at 23:00 last night after a "fun filled" fiasco of returning,  borrowing Mt. Zion's trailer and returning back up to RC then returning home again.  The Jeep is returning to Mt. Zion for some adjustments after the shake down trip.  It is the first time this jeep has actually crawled.  At least after I turned the idle speed down enough that the torque converter was not constantly locking up mid trip.  Just as the day was wrapping up one of the U joint caps let loose,  this popped the carrier bearing on the front drive shaft which also took out the transfer case shift linkage  looking around a LOT of fasteners were loose or missing.  Other than these minor annoyances the automatic transmission made a world of difference on the trail in this jeep.   Considering it still has the original heavy duty springs and manual steering, its a lot nicer than point and shoot method.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 05:54:33 pm by Jeremy »
Jeremy Meehan

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2012, 09:54:25 pm »
Thanks for posting pics Jeremy. Hope they fix your dads Jeep right this time.
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

HANGMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2012, 01:01:25 am »
keep the photos coming Jeremy (and others on the ride) for us less fortunate ones ,I really like to look at them , one question though , when I click on your photos some real cool scale and real Armor stuff can be looked at also, yours ??? Well you don't have a 1 to 1 scale Sherman do you ? :o
thanks again.
74 jeep CJ5  ( PACKMULE )
BOB BEHLER
OVER, THROUGH OR UNDER

Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2012, 07:44:14 pm »
No 1:1 scale Sherman tank  here,  but there are TWO with in 2 miles of me and I do build some scale models, I am working on a "blown up T62 and a sherman tank model right now in fact.   The build threads are here and here on scale model addict forum.
Jeremy Meehan

HANGMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2012, 12:02:49 am »
Jeremy, Thanks for the Threads ,
I like body damage !
In my younger days the older folks thought I destroyed things (1:24 scale cars) how terrible they looked, but I would come home with the Blue Ribbons.
I had some beautifully wreaked NASCAR scale models mostly 1965 to 1970 vintage. One Dodge I had, when you pushed the button smoke would roll out from under the hood .
74 jeep CJ5  ( PACKMULE )
BOB BEHLER
OVER, THROUGH OR UNDER

M + M Jeep

• Administrator
  • PA Jeeps-President
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 08:45:34 pm »

Peter, I read here that your going to rename your TJ.  I suggest "English Muffin."  Ya know, you can't go wrong being named after a food product!!! Get it?   Happy New Year!!!

Wayne Fish