Author Topic: December Club Ride  (Read 14925 times)

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
December Club Ride
« on: November 26, 2012, 07:44:51 pm »
Saturday Dec 15 will be the Christmas club ride......

it will be greens and low blues, a nice easy wheeling day. Meet at Rausch by 830.  Please post if you can make it..
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

peter84

• View Profile
Re: December Club Ride
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 06:33:55 pm »
Charlotte and I plan to be there as she wishes to drive!
Peter Caddick
2006 TJ - 4" Zone Offroad Products lift, 33x10.50x15 BFG A/T, 6" Bushwaker flares, Bestop Tyre Carrier, Skid Row engine and fuel tank skid plates, A to Z Rocker Guards, SYE, BDS belly up pan
2012 Patriot 4x4 Sport
2015 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6
2015 Cherokee Latitude 4x4 V6

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 08:53:21 pm »
Awesome , I am glad she enjoys it. They boys keep saying they want to drive, they have two more years yet.
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 08:58:32 pm »
Peter reminded me that the 2012 calendar says that the Dec ride is "club sponsored"!

This means you ride for free at the park! So if you are a paying member of PA Jeeps as a gift back to you we are going to cover your entrance fee for the day. This includes one guest but doesn't pay for your membership fees.

Merry Christmas from PA Jeeps!
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
1947 CJ2-A

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 06:31:09 pm »
aggh, even with that the doc still says no. cant wait to get back.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

Dhjeeproker2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 08:39:06 pm »
Not going to make it I have to work. :'(
David Heisey
2002 Blue TJ on 35

Rubicon_Ryan

• '05 Rubicon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 09:14:47 am »
I am about 80% sure I can make it at this point.  Still trying to iron out a few details with scheduling.  As a new member, I look forward to meeting some folks!  Rick Bear convinced me to get a Clayton 4" long arm kit on my Jeep, which is going to be installed by A to Z next week.  The only advice he failed to give me is how to explain to my wife why I just spend $4k on the Jeep!   :D  At any rate, if I can make it, I'll be leaving RC at the end of the day and dropping off the Jeep at A to Z.

jpkenny

• Kim Lorah
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 06:20:39 pm »
I wiil see you all tomorrow morning
OLD SCHOOL WHEELER   Big Red TJ  Little Black CJ

Rubicon_Ryan

• '05 Rubicon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 06:58:25 pm »
Confirmed that I'll be able to make it!  Problem is, I don't know anybody yet, nor what your Jeeps look like.  I'll be the guy looking lost in a black, stock TJ Rubicon with a 4' Firestick antenna.

Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 09:35:20 pm »
  Dad and I will be riding tomorrow,  test run for the new improved CJ6.

Jeremy Meehan

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 10:03:00 pm »
Ryan- I have a black Yj with a PA Jeeps sticker on windshield, and a white flag and a save the tatas pink flag on spare tire. Usually there are not that many people up there in the cold weather months.
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
1947 CJ2-A

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 10:12:01 pm »
Ryan, I didn't convince nor twist your arm to do anything. However, you be sure to let Zach (Owner: A to Z Fabrication) that I refered you to him. He'll like to hear that I am promoting his business and the companies he distributes for.

But, if it helps just tell your wife I "made" you do it. I'll take the blame for you if it helps.

Enjoy your trail ride...catch you all another time.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

Rubicon_Ryan

• '05 Rubicon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 06:32:42 pm »
Rick, I'm really glad you did.  I did a lot of research on the kits available, and your recommendation for Clayton was certainly convincing!  In addition, I talked with a few shops, and AtoZ was reasonably priced, quick to respond, and came recommended.  Although I just dropped it off today, I feel confident that when I pick it up, its going to be done correctly and professionally.  I can't wait to do RC once I have the lift on to compare it to no lift.  Hope to get 35's on in the not-so-distant-future as well.

PS - Jenn made me send you those pictures!

peter84

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2012, 08:08:37 am »
Enjoyed good company and nice weather during our trail ride yesterday. Jenn was there in here V8 YJ, the Meehan's were test driving the CJ6, Kim drove his Grateful Red TJ, new member Ryan was in his Rubicon and Charlotte and Peter in our soon to be renamed TJ.

The game plan was to try some greens and blues, heading out to the far corner of the west property and then working back from there.

Route was via; A, B, G, Pole Line, Tower Road, H, 11, 14, 11, 19A, 19B, 19C, 11, Power Line, Hills, 101, E, 25, Fire Pit, S, E, B, 2, Frog Hole, 1A, 1A (blue) and B.

Along the way we stopped for some the more adventurous of the group (read: Kim and Jenn) to tackle some blacks.

Kim drove Grateful Red straight up and over Big Rocks - his 6" lift long arm suspension and aggressive tyres helped make Big Rocks an antic climax! The twists and turns on trail 14 gave the drivers a work, John was heard to say that he shed two jackets through that trail. Charlotte came to realise the benefit of PAS.  As we drove further in the west property the ice on the puddles got thicker and thicker. Peter was in the lead forging through the frozen puddles, the ice was thick enough in places that as he drove his TJ (HMS Icebreaker??!!) onto the ice the front tyres would stay on top the ice until the ice could not support the weight of the vehicle, then it would drop through the ice only to begin the process of trying to crawl back on top the ice again. From inside the Jeep all we could sense was the constant up and down pitching and see the pieces of broken ice being flung beside the trail and sometimes over the Jeep.

The remainder of the ride was fairly uneventful; Fog Hole was not too deep and Kim and Jenn tried the black loop off of 1A. Our final hill climb on 1A (blue) brought some strange noises from the CJ6. Once we returned to the staging area it was determined that there was a problem with at least the front drive shaft.

Thanks to all that participated in a fun day out with like minded friends.
Peter Caddick
2006 TJ - 4" Zone Offroad Products lift, 33x10.50x15 BFG A/T, 6" Bushwaker flares, Bestop Tyre Carrier, Skid Row engine and fuel tank skid plates, A to Z Rocker Guards, SYE, BDS belly up pan
2012 Patriot 4x4 Sport
2015 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6
2015 Cherokee Latitude 4x4 V6

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2012, 11:50:35 am »
Thank you Charlotte and Peter for guiding in the ice crusher. Charlotte is a good driver, I hope she enjoyed the day. I had a great time yesterday and it was a nice day out for the 3rd weekend in December.
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
1947 CJ2-A