Author Topic: Local Machine Shops  (Read 6831 times)

pa2phx

• View Profile
Local Machine Shops
« on: November 07, 2012, 02:33:15 am »
Looking for any recommendations for local machine shops. I have contacted a couple out of town ( i live in east York) but am having a hard time getting one who will communicate with me over email. I needs major block work and head work done so i hoping to find someone with a strong reliable record. please let me know if you have a good one in mind
John Michael

Rusty XJ

• Rickie Wilson Jr.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Local Machine Shops
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 03:04:23 pm »
I know it's on the other side of town but, Leedy Automotive is a good shop. I would highly recommend staying away from East York Napa. Not saying they do bad work but they spend most of the day smoking at the desk and building their own stuff. I had a head in there for a month once, before I said screw it and took it to Leedy. I dropped it off one evening and got a call the next day that it was done.

Leedy Automotive
(717) 792-3651
4690 W Market St, York, PA 17408
Rick Wilson Jr.
Is that DEATH WOBBLE or did we just enter Pennsylvania?
'95 XJ 2 Door, 4.0, 5spd, 7" random lift, 35x12.5 BFG ATs, 4.56 gears, Dana 44 Mini-spooled, Dana 30 w/ Detroit Truetrac and manual hubs, Bushwacker Flares, Warrior Front Bumper, JCR Rear Bumper, etc etc...

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 01:42:07 pm »
Hokes 4wd is in hellam, im sure they would have a good list of shops in the area.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

MUDDY

• Jon Vasellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 07:26:22 am »
there is warrior motors in dallastown pa you will have to look up phone#. they done great work for people i have sent there before. i will try to find the #. lost me pa phone book
muddy
98 grand cherokee mild liFT
97 CHEVY 3IN LIFT

HANGMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 09:55:23 am »
Warrior Engines
422 E Locust
Dallastown, Pa.
717-246-1694
74 jeep CJ5  ( PACKMULE )
BOB BEHLER
OVER, THROUGH OR UNDER

pa2phx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 03:18:56 pm »
I know it's on the other side of town but, Leedy Automotive is a good shop. I would highly recommend staying away from East York Napa. Not saying they do bad work but they spend most of the day smoking at the desk and building their own stuff. I had a head in there for a month once, before I said screw it and took it to Leedy. I dropped it off one evening and got a call the next day that it was done.

Leedy Automotive
(717) 792-3651
4690 W Market St, York, P

I think you are right about Napa. I had a friend recommend them but i emailed them several times about the project and they never responded
John Michael