Author Topic: Hello from Boiling Springs  (Read 6112 times)

Rubicon_Ryan

• '05 Rubicon
    • View Profile
Hello from Boiling Springs
« on: October 29, 2012, 01:45:51 pm »
Hi all!  Sent my membership application a few weeks ago and look forward to becoming involved!  I recently purchased a 2005 Rubicon and have begun the long (and expensive!) process of getting it (more) off-road ready.  I took it to RC last weekend (still stock) and did surprisingly well on greens and some blues.  I want to get a 6" lift, change my 33's to 35's, add a front bumper with winch.  Also need to add some skids and I'll pretty much be there!  I'll take any advice on where to get good, used parts (wheels/tires, winch, skids, etc).  My wishlist at Quadratec is going to require a second job!  With that being said, I look forward to meeting you all and getting involved!
-Ryan

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Boiling Springs
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 01:51:11 pm »
Hi, Ryan!

You're right, stock Jeeps can do a good job on a lot of trails.  Driver skill factors in, too!
From time to time, people buy/sell/trade parts on here, as well as Craigslist and whatever local boneyards are around for parts.
Hope to see you in the future!

Angie
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

HANGMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 08:24:18 pm »
Hello Rubicon Ryan,
Welcome to the club , Boiling Springs , is the 4 wheeling up your way still good ? We use to run from Mount Holly all the way down to Caledonia then across Rt. 30 to Waynesboro made a good days trip .
I'm sure some trails we've been on are now closed or grown shut or have Condos. built up around them.
See you some time some where . 
74 jeep CJ5  ( PACKMULE )
BOB BEHLER
OVER, THROUGH OR UNDER

Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 09:19:28 pm »
Welcome to the club,  you are very close to me,  Look for a sorta annual impromptu snow run up Ridge road at or around the first major snow fall of the year.

\
Jeremy Meehan

Rubicon_Ryan

• '05 Rubicon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 11:26:02 pm »
Will do!  Hit me up on here when it happens!

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 11:41:44 am »
Welcome Ryan...
check out the club events and non-club evens we will post what's happinging so you can join us. Events change sometimes so check on here more then following the newsletter.
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile