Author Topic: 4th Annual All Blacks All Day Run  (Read 21618 times)

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 4th Annual All Blacks All Day Run
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2012, 10:12:36 pm »
Bryan - you don't know the situation of how he rolled and what trail and how much wheeling experience he has. Don't worry I am not going to get you into a situation that would make you uncomfortable or roll. I have been doing this for a long time and never rolled.
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

cj5guy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2012, 10:21:20 pm »
Jenn - you know I always feel safe with you in the lead.  ;D  I actually think he was doing reds when he rolled.  And besides, you know me - always second guessing myself!  I'm really looking forward to it.  Really! 
Bryan Baker
1979 CJ-5 Silver Anniversary Edition restored to stock

2006 TJ Rubicon: 5.5" Rubicon long arm lift w/1" body lift, 37" MT MTZ on 17" Black Rock rims, Warn PowerPlant winch, Rock Hard front & rear bumpers & skids, Hi Line rock sliders

Mike D

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2012, 01:26:15 pm »
If you feel uncomfortable doing something ASK FOR HELP! Jenn has got me out of off camber situations a bunch of times without a problem.
And yes I have seen cars on there lid on a flat road so you can roll anywhere.
I put my jeep on its side at the entrance of a trail in Rhode Island because I DID NOT ASK FOR A SPOTTER    Clicky for Pic's . It was my first trail ride in my jeep. I misjudged where I placed my tires.

So it can happen you just got to know when to stop and ask for help!

cj5guy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2012, 02:41:22 pm »
Trust me Mike, I know when to ask for help and will do so as Jenn can verify - right Jenn?   ;)  This is just my first time doing blacks.  I'm also gonna be in a Jeep (TJ) that I've never taken out before.  I'm used to wheeling in my JK Unlimited (sold it), so the footprint I'm used to is very different.  So yeah, I'm probably being a bit more paranoid than usual.  LOL
Bryan Baker
1979 CJ-5 Silver Anniversary Edition restored to stock

2006 TJ Rubicon: 5.5" Rubicon long arm lift w/1" body lift, 37" MT MTZ on 17" Black Rock rims, Warn PowerPlant winch, Rock Hard front & rear bumpers & skids, Hi Line rock sliders

Colli

• Newsletter Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2012, 06:33:39 pm »
Jeep loaded on trailer - check
Lunch packed - check
Camera batteries charged - check
Now where did I put those big girl panties....  ???
Colli Leighton
1967 Jeepster Commando Pick Up - work in progress
2000 TJ - trail rig (ample lift, 35" MTZs, 8.8 rear, 4.88 gears, 12 different soft tops)
2012 Ram 2500HD Crew Cab - tow rig
2015 Cherokee - grocery getter
Trailer - to tow my Jeeps around

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2012, 11:23:59 pm »
Had 7 Jeeps for the ride today,then had a guy in a bronco join us to make 8. It was pretty warm day for November. We ran trail 13,16 and 20.We had a few small issues today...Jim had a tire pop a bead and we spent a good part of the morning trying to reseat the bead, we endend up calling Kyle and he was nice enough to bring us some supplies and we didn't have to run back to the office.(THANKS again).  Once Jim's tire was fixed we headed down the rest of 13, finished 16 and the guy in the bronco broke a break caliper and snapping the break line. Dave got him fixed up and he went back to the parking lot. The rest of us traveled  down trail 20. Chris kept having a day where he wanted to hang up on rocks so there was some tugging and some winching. Jim made it up pitman rock and Dan was pretty close to making it. When we made it back yo the parking lot it was dark, Wayne had a problem with the ball on the reciever being to small for the trailer so he went down the road and ended up finding a walmart and getting what he needed. Meanwhile we had to put the spare on Bryan's jeep because he somehow pinched a valve stem shut. I am sure I am forgetting something, it was just a day of small things wrong. Nevertheless we still had a great day full of good conversation. Cant wait yo do it again!
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Colli

• Newsletter Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2012, 07:02:50 pm »
It was an awesome day for my first black trail ride... even though I found out I have been on black trails before and just didn't know it. Anyway, it was a great group and I had a great time even during the time we spent just hanging out it in the woods. Here are my pictures from the day:

http://s619.photobucket.com/albums/tt279/cjl8on/Rausch%20Creek/November2012/

I saw other people with cameras out there (Lori, Bryan). Let's see your pictures!
Colli Leighton
1967 Jeepster Commando Pick Up - work in progress
2000 TJ - trail rig (ample lift, 35" MTZs, 8.8 rear, 4.88 gears, 12 different soft tops)
2012 Ram 2500HD Crew Cab - tow rig
2015 Cherokee - grocery getter
Trailer - to tow my Jeeps around