Author Topic: Obstacle Course  (Read 11593 times)

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
Obstacle Course
« on: January 19, 2013, 11:50:32 am »
It is my goal for 2013 to provide a LARGER-LONGER rock section for the large number of participants than can, will, and have wanted it...LET'S ROCK!

MORE BIG ROCKS...LESS SMALL ROCKS FOLKS
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
Re: Obstacle Course
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 06:41:35 pm »
how big we talkin.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

HANGMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 09:22:24 pm »
It don't matter how big they are if there flat on top, just how deep the crevice is between them.
Just remember if someone breaks on top of the BIG ROCKS, somebody (us) has to get them off the BIG ROCKS, I assume BIG means taller?
So if the large number of participants want this, are we going to run two maybe three vehicle at a time over the LARGER-LONGER rocks to keep things moving, or just one at a time?
A LONGER COURSE will take more time per vehicle with one at a time, less vehicles per hour, but I like your idea.
Just don't forget the newbie just learning to do the small rocks, don't short change them.
74 jeep CJ5  ( PACKMULE )
BOB BEHLER
OVER, THROUGH OR UNDER

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 05:13:52 am »
I'm talking about a longer wider, possible two BIG ROCK sections to run two or three at a time.
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

HANGMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 06:27:54 pm »
This sounds good, lots more action!
The dump trucks were slow to deliver last year and with the quarry being closer, I'm guessing it may have been a backup at the quarry, packed down dirt or just a new setup.
So if you want more, you will need to figure that in to the time frame, trucks need to be loaded, weighed?, and rolling, don't wait for there buddy to move out together.
I hope the BIG ROCKS just need to be dumped and pushed together and drove over.

Check with the guys running the Obstacle Course, see if there would be a safety factor with two vehicles running at a time, your need twice the help also.

BOB BEHLER
OVER, THROUGH OR UNDER

Ron Allen

• PA Jeeps B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 06:30:09 pm »
You mean like 40'-50' wide by 250' long with multiple lines.
03 Rubicon Way Modified
44 MB WWII restored
46 CJ2A Locked,injected,Ready
13 F350 Tow Rig

HANGMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 11:51:43 pm »
To the SHOW ORGANIZERS,
I would like to see more FIRE EXTINGUISHERS (TYPE B-C) larger then what is in our vehicles, on the Obstacle Course, and we need to have an emergency plan IF NEEDED to get fire and ambulance in to the O.C.
#&@% I'm getting excited allready.

BOB BEHLER
OVER, THROUGH OR UNDER

docthrush

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 12:10:50 am »
It doesn't look like I can make it again this year due to uncle Sam (however keeping my fingers crossed).
Anyhow, if you decide how many extinguishers you need I can provide them (as well as any training if needed). Remember though, for emergencies that would happen at the obstacle course you are better off having lots of smaller extinguishers in my opinion. The smaller extinguishers will be more mobile on the obstacle course. I would supplement them with larger extinguishers as well.

Let me know.

Thanks
Doc

MUDDY

• Jon Vasellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 05:15:58 am »
HECK IF YOUR MAKING IT THAT WIDE. COULD YOU ALL HAVE A ROCK DRAG COMP. MAKING FASTEST AND SAFEST WINS?
98 grand cherokee mild liFT
97 CHEVY 3IN LIFT

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 03:21:25 pm »
MUDDY...

We do have some restrictions placed upon us with both the Fairgrounds and our Insurance carrier.

We're looking to expand the big rock section to accommodate more vehicle and reduce the waiting time for everyone.
Rock races are not for this venue...

MUDDY

• Jon Vasellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 07:53:56 pm »
thats cool just an idea
98 grand cherokee mild liFT
97 CHEVY 3IN LIFT