Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 8041 times)

Angi

• View Profile
Hello All
« on: August 23, 2012, 09:04:54 am »
Hi everyone,
This is the 1st forum I have ever joined, I don't even use Facebook or Twitter. So I would like to thank everyone ahead of time for their patience :)
Introductions are tough - What to say???
My name is Angi and
I have had my JK since last November. It is the 1st 4wd that I have ever owned, and I am old enough to have had quite a few vehicles.
I love my Jeep...
Angi Hoffman

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 12:01:25 pm »
Hi, Angi!

Nice to meet you!  Glad to hear that you've entered the 4wd world at long last!   Have you taken it offroad yet?

Angie
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

Ron Allen

• PA Jeeps B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 07:31:54 pm »
Welcome! hope to see ya out soon.
03 Rubicon Way Modified
44 MB WWII restored
46 CJ2A Locked,injected,Ready
13 F350 Tow Rig

Colli

• Newsletter Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 08:23:53 pm »
Hey Angi. Welcome to the forum. You have found an allegiance of Jeep lovers here! Enjoy!
Colli Leighton
1967 Jeepster Commando Pick Up - work in progress
2000 TJ - trail rig (ample lift, 35" MTZs, 8.8 rear, 4.88 gears, 12 different soft tops)
2012 Ram 2500HD Crew Cab - tow rig
2015 Cherokee - grocery getter
Trailer - to tow my Jeeps around

locojipr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 08:32:53 pm »
Welcome!  Now prepare to J.E.E.P(just empty every pocket).   LoL
Tim McClincy ---2007 JK 2door  Wrangler... Zone 3" lift...33" Hankook Dynapro MT...MB Chaos wheels...4.10s....XRC8 winch

2012 Unlimited JK Wrangler---32" Maxxis BigHorn tires---Black Aluminum Procomp wheels- (wife's daily driver)

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 08:38:44 pm »
Welcome Angi.....come stop by a meeting sometime. Don't worry no ones going to pick on you here we are a big Jeep family....if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Angi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 09:23:09 pm »
Good to meet you all!

Thank you for the "welcome", and to answer your question Angie ...
No off road yet, I am a pansy  8)
It was taken back to Cold Springs & Hawk Watch at Ft. Indiantown Gap when I first bought it, but that really doesn't count because there is a road there. It may be a nasty, full of holes, dirt/stone road, but it is still a road.

So far, I am content with driving it. I average 53 miles p/day, so it may not get a "workout" like it was meant to, but it does get driven.

I love the - Just Empty Every Pocket - awesome

Seriously, I have driven a Saab Sonnett, VW Bug, Fiat Wagon, Buick Regal, Toyota Celica, Camry Hybrid and a Jetta TDI, and have always been afraid to drive something like the Jeep, (my son calls me Cap'n Leadfoot) in fear that I would end up doing a "turtle" in a field... but I have surprised myself and adjusted rather well - no fear of speeding tickets now . lol. Anyway, I saw it on the lot, took it for a test drive, the salesman left me have it for 2 days and needless to say.. the TDI was history.
Angi Hoffman

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 09:37:16 pm »
Thank you for the "welcome", and to answer your question Angie ...
No off road yet, I am a pansy  8)
It was taken back to Cold Springs & Hawk Watch at Ft. Indiantown Gap when I first bought it, but that really doesn't count because there is a road there. It may be a nasty, full of holes, dirt/stone road, but it is still a road.

Seriously, I have driven a Saab Sonnett, VW Bug, Fiat Wagon, Buick Regal, Toyota Celica, Camry Hybrid and a Jetta TDI, and have always been afraid to drive something like the Jeep, (my son calls me Cap'n Leadfoot) in fear that I would end up doing a "turtle" in a field... but I have surprised myself and adjusted rather well - no fear of speeding tickets now . lol. Anyway, I saw it on the lot, took it for a test drive, the salesman left me have it for 2 days and needless to say.. the TDI was history.

Well, there's no rush in doing something that you're not ready for.  You'll know when the time is right.
Cap'n Leadfoot...hehe.  Sounds like me in my Camaro!
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

Colli

• Newsletter Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 07:12:45 am »
Well "Cap'n Leadfoot".... if you enjoy the thrill of driving fast you might also enjoy the thrill of offroading. It's a different kind of fun, but still a rush. Don't be a "pansy" - try it you might like it!  ;D And might I add that the members of this club are eager and willing to break in newbies to the sport we love!
Colli Leighton
1967 Jeepster Commando Pick Up - work in progress
2000 TJ - trail rig (ample lift, 35" MTZs, 8.8 rear, 4.88 gears, 12 different soft tops)
2012 Ram 2500HD Crew Cab - tow rig
2015 Cherokee - grocery getter
Trailer - to tow my Jeeps around

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 02:40:41 pm »
welcome to the forum ,this is the first one i joined too. and with wheeling there are times when youre spedo might say 60 but youre not moving, ;D
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7