Author Topic: Great Weather Forcasted for the Potomac State Forest Trail Ride  (Read 3841 times)

Jeepincamper

• View Profile
 :) Hey, I have been told that what we do at Potomac is now considered the old fashion way to wheel. Well, I guess I am old fashion, as I enjoy camping in the sticks. Sitting around the camp fire with friends. Driving the ole Jeep on some "Jeep trails". Some of these date back to at least the C.C.C.'s and were originally built by hand! They did not much worry about how steep a trail was, either.
Here is the deal. You get to camp under a canopy of trees. It is primitive camping, yet most any rig can camp there. Just use care coming into the site. It is a group site. $20.00 per night, split up amongst each camping rig there. There is an outhouse that is very well maintained in walking distance from the campsite, but plenty far away. Nuff said there. We do a few hours of volunteer trail work on Saturday morning. In exchange, we receive access to some really fun routes, that offer varying degrees of challenge, but nothing extreme, complete with outstanding scenery. Understand, typically, we were the last ones to drive these routes, since the previous year. This is not only a four wheel drive weekend. It is a social event. You can go fishing there and near there. Boating near there. Site seeing. Unique shops in Garrett County. Still, the best part is being with great folks all weekend.
Check out the write up in the news letter and this section. Sure hope some of you all can make it. Once you go, you will be hooked! Hey, it is the very place that got me hooked on Jeepin' all the way back in the 1960's in a 1956 CJ5..
Have a great day!
Preston Stevens
President, Middle Atlantic Four Wheel Drive Association
Director of Public Relations, United Four Wheel Drive Associations
1997 Jeep Cherokee Sport (daily driver/project), 1979 CJ7 under extremely slow restoration
Spouse's Jeep: 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 3.5" Rubicon Exp, 31" BFG KOs