Author Topic: September Meeting/meeting minutes  (Read 5762 times)

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
September Meeting/meeting minutes
« on: August 26, 2012, 10:32:58 am »
September 9th @ noon @ our normal place .

Hopefully no more sports events will conflict will our space...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 07:47:05 pm by Jeepnharleymomma »
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

HANGMAN

• View Profile
Re: September Meeting
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 02:10:26 am »
Hello club members , I saw a note in the headlines ( news at top of the forum page ) about going to the York Fair on Sunday after the September meeting .
You may not know it but for Sunday September 9 , 2012  FREE ADMISSION for a family of 4 between the hours of 3:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. WITH A WEIS MARKET PREFERRED SHOPPER CLUB CARD . The York Fair post was not very clear so I do not know if this would be for free parking also between 3:00 P.M. and 5:00 P.M.
anyway if you do not have a Weis Card , there is a Weis store out on White St. at Carlisle Rd. Go to a checkout person an pick one up .

Savings of $7.00 per person for admission , WITH THE CARD , but like I say , not clear about the $6.00 parking .
74 jeep CJ5  ( PACKMULE )
BOB BEHLER
OVER, THROUGH OR UNDER

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 08:30:31 am »
So who all's going to the Fair on Sunday night?  I can't wait to get some Sunset Ice Cream and see if any of the antiques that I entered won anything!

Sometimes I park just outside of the permit zone on the city streets so it's free. 
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 12:28:33 pm »
I'm going, but most likely not Sunday.
I have complimentary V.I.P. parking & entry tickets for two...
I gave all the complimentary concert tickets away already.
Got to figure out who will be joining me. Have a Good One
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 07:46:32 pm »
Pledge to the Flag

Roll Call

Intro of Guests/New Members:
Bill and Theresa Knight, 11 Jk rubi; Sean Sweigart, 11 rubi; Chad Sweigart, 03 Rubi; Zack 98 Tj

Jeep of the Month:
Rick "Back in Black" Bear...Thanks Rick

August Minutes Read

Treasurer Report by Lockers:
We have money. Made money on show. Jenns going to spend money for banquet. That sums it up.

Newsletter:
We need Jeeps for our Jeep of the month section in the newsletter. Please submit pics to newsletter@pajeeps.org

Safety with Bob:
A safety class is scheduled for September 30 at Rausch. There will be some light first aid training and trail safety in a 2hr class. After the class you will spend the rest of the day wheeling and trying out techniques learned. Rausch has given us a generous discount for the day.

Land Use:
Sent $5000 to Save Tellico. They sent us a nice thank you card. Southern Four Wheel Drive is working hard to open this area back up, the closings killed the economy near Tellico. There will be appeals depending on the out come of the case.

CCC:
Angie had no input.
Wayne is scheduling a board meeting to decide what needs to happen with the money and also for the new laws on the raffle.

Past Events:
The August Ride was canceled. Many members attended the Tata run on August 4 and Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival.

4th annual Topless for Tatas Run at Rausch Creek. This was a blast! Its a great cause and Chantelle does a great job putting it together. They had a huge raffle.

Bantam on August 10-12. A group of us and some of the EVOR crew camped and had cabins at the local campground. Most of us volunteered for Rausch doing some on site trail rides and on the obstacle course. Colli and Lori maned a club booth for us and even got a member. (thanks guys!)

Upcoming Events:
Sept 30 Rausch for safety class
Sept 29 Jeff Daniels
Oct 6th Quadratec tent sale
Oct 20 Jeep show banquet (invite only)
Nov 3 Toy Run to Hershey (contact Jenn/check forum)
Nov 17 4th Annual All Blacks All Day trail ride @ Rausch

Misc. Notes:
Preston became membership director for United.

Sickers were put on the new rock buggy we are sponsoring, and were on at the Tata run for everyone to see.

We really only saved $70 on the obstacle course build at the show, even though the quarry was closer. The dump trucks had a hard time getting through town, and the load time was long too. We still can use the quarry next year.

Wayne cleaned up the club site. We were getting overage usage charges. He cleaned out 5 years of log files.

Don't forget nominations start next month. Three board seats and the officer seats can be filled.

Adjourned
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile