Author Topic: Just wanted to voice some anger  (Read 13255 times)

jeepcj7304

• View Profile
Just wanted to voice some anger
« on: July 22, 2012, 09:12:09 pm »
I attended both days of the Jeep show as I always have since the very first.  I came back late on Sunday after picking my kids up from home.  I arrived at the stage at 3:45 for the raffle and found that numbers were already being drawn.  This made me and my wife upset since we had purchased several tickets.  We were told and it was advertised that the drawing would occur at 4:00.  As I waited off stage listening to numbers several other people walked up and were voicing their opinions as to why the drawings were already going on since it was not to start till 4:00.  Is there some reason for this since the weather was great.  I and others were upset about this and hopefully it can be corrected.

jeepcj7304

• View Profile
Re: Just wanted to voice some anger
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 01:03:05 pm »
60 views and not one response from an event coordinator???

Colli

• Newsletter Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 01:17:51 pm »
The event coordinators are still at the fairgrounds today wrapping things up from the weekend. I assure you that your concern will be addressed when the guys get a minute to take a breath. Thanks for your patience.
Colli Leighton
1967 Jeepster Commando Pick Up - work in progress
2000 TJ - trail rig (ample lift, 35" MTZs, 8.8 rear, 4.88 gears, 12 different soft tops)
2012 Ram 2500HD Crew Cab - tow rig
2015 Cherokee - grocery getter
Trailer - to tow my Jeeps around

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 01:36:06 pm »
I am sorry we have not responded to your concern. 2 of the coordinators are still at the fairgrounds wraping up details there and I am hosting the Annual General Meeting for United Four Wheel Drive Association till Wendsday. This is a public forum with many members so that is why there are 60 views and because the coordinators are actually still working is why you have not seen a response.

Now as far as your anger towards the raffle time the parade which starts at 3 and usually takes just about an hour to get through went smoother and took less time then expected. When the parade ended we automatically switched over to raffle mode. It always directly follows the parade. I heard no complaints that we moved quicker though everything this year and I actually think people where happy the parade flowed quicker as well as the raffle.
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 02:31:12 pm »
Thank you Jenn for speaking out on this subject in my absence.

jeepcj7304,
Jennifer nailed it correctly. Yes, the start of the raffle is advertised to start at 4:00 PM on Sunday afternoon.

It is also printed in our Event Program that "times are approximate".
Sometimes things run behind schedule and sometimes they run ahead of schedule.

I'm sorry that your return placed you in this situation. But I assure you that you did not miss out on winning anything within the raffle because our first "re-called" number did not take place until approx. 4:20 PM and you were present at that time.

This year was only the second time in 17 years that we were not enduring 98 degree humid conditions. We've grown accustomed to proceeding into the raffle following the Awards Ceremony because usually everyone is really exhausted from having endured two days of oppressive heat. Our staff has endured four days of those conditions and we are eager to start the three hours of tear down, and packing up our event supplies.

I'm sorry you are disgruntled over this situation and hope you can understand why it happened. As the events "Chairman" I listen and act on everything, both positive and negative our participants and vendors have to say. We have made hundreds of improvements that have pleased everyone over the past fifteen years and will continue to do so going forward.

However, to complain about the event ending raffle starting 15 minutes early because (our event staff is operating more efficient) while hundreds of people are anxious for it to start comes across to me as being selfish.

Perhaps next year I should bring all 500+ Jeep registration forms to the stage and take roll call before starting. Well, I assure you that is NOT going to happen!!!
My advise to you going forward is as follows: Rather than complain about the efficiency of an events staff on a public forum, you should consider bringing your complains face-to-face with the events organizers.

In leu of all of this I certainly hope you enjoyed the rest of your time prior to the raffle at our Annual Jeep Show.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

jeepcj7304

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 04:05:18 pm »
I am not trying to be selfish.  I was unable to make contact with any of the coordinators that afternoon since I was upset with the issue.  Like I said I have been to every Show here in York since the first.  I am sure since I am local that I will continue to attend.  Although I do believe that the tone in which you responded Rick is kind of uncalled for I was simply trying to bring it to the attention of the staff so that it could be addressed.  Maybe from now on it could be advertised as raffle immediately following the parade.  I am thankful to know that I did not miss any of my numbers since I was there by the first recall.  Hope to have a good show again next year.

chasm

• Blonde / Bomber...
    • View Profile
    • JeepChasm
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 04:31:41 pm »
jeepcj7304:
Perhaps you might want to join PA Jeeps and help volunteer at the show next year?

That would be especially awesome, since you are local. Most of the volunteers travel quite a way, take days off from work, and camp on site in order to provide you with an awesome weekend. If you experienced all of the (totally volunteer) work first hand that takes place before, during, and after the event to make it a success, perhaps you would not be so fast to complain about a 15 minute inconvenience.

As Rick stated, any missing numbers were "re-called."

Yes, I am challenging you to join PA Jeeps!  ;D

Mike
Mike Hardesty aka: "chasm"
'51 CJ3A: Restored Garage Queen
'83 CJ8 Scrambler: To Do List...
'93 YJ: 2.5" R.E. lift, 31" Swamper SSR's, Olympic Rock bumper, smashed Stainless exhaust, U-bolt skids, Warn M-8000 winch.
'08 Liberty: (wife's DD)

jeepcj7304

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 04:49:23 pm »
I appreciate the challenge to join the reason I do not is I am unfortunately too busy to enjoy any of the rides or meetings.  I have to take time off work months in advance just to be able to make it to the show.  I would not mind helping out next year if I can do so without joining since I usually take the weekend off anyway.

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 05:14:07 pm »
first off sorry about the misunderstanding, and as it was posted there were still many pajeepers either dismantling the show or attending to the four wheel drive convention (agm). and 2nd were not sticklers that you have to go to any meetings or on any rides. we have many members that only ever come to the jeep show. and besides if youre a member jeep show rate for both days is half price for preregistration. ;D
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

Colli

• Newsletter Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 07:30:19 am »
I am not trying to be selfish. I was unable to make contact with any of the coordinators that afternoon since I was upset with the issue. Like I said I have been to every Show here in York since the first. I am sure since I am local that I will continue to attend. Although I do believe that the tone in which you responded Rick is kind of uncalled for I was simply trying to bring it to the attention of the staff so that it could be addressed. Maybe from now on it could be advertised as raffle immediately following the parade. I am thankful to know that I did not miss any of my numbers since I was there by the first recall. Hope to have a good show again next year.

I don't think Rick meant to offend anyone. I think he was just trying to make the point that there were literally hundreds of people waiting so we wanted to get things rolling so folks didn't get restless. If we had waited people would have complained that we made them wait. You can't please everyone with a crown that large. Anyway, it's really hard to interpret someone's exact intended tone in forum posts. Sarcasm, frustration, and passion can easily be mistaken for something else. One might have thought that your tone in this post was uncalled for:

60 views and not one response from an event coordinator???

But let's all give each other the benefit of the doubt and assume there was no ill will on anyone's part and continue to support each other in our Jeep family. Thanks for coming out to the show for so many years and we look forward to seeing you again next year.
Colli Leighton
1967 Jeepster Commando Pick Up - work in progress
2000 TJ - trail rig (ample lift, 35" MTZs, 8.8 rear, 4.88 gears, 12 different soft tops)
2012 Ram 2500HD Crew Cab - tow rig
2015 Cherokee - grocery getter
Trailer - to tow my Jeeps around

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 08:52:22 am »
I think everyone's point has been made, heard, and will be dealt with.
I encourage feedback towards our event whether it be good or bad.

Thank You, I'm now going to "lock" this post so it doesn't drag out longer than needed.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...