Author Topic: We need something NEW !  (Read 50552 times)

Brendan

• View Profile
Re: We need something NEW !
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2012, 01:53:26 pm »
We need to create an experience.

If we can't create a mud pit or another o-course at Fairgrounds can it be create somewhere else that's not too far away? Possibly look for a heavy equipment training facility near york that would be interested in letting their students make some obstacles and mud pits. Someone like http://www.wpaoperators.org/. These are the local guys to me. Not sure who is in york but thought this might help. On another note how cool would it be if these guys made you a custom trail / course that you could have guys come out to.  Seems like a cool idea that could create a beneficial partnership. They create obstacles to your guidleines and their people get expeience.  you pay them for fuel or whatever fee and create a custom EXPERIENCE. Yes we have an O-course at the fairgrounds but that normally turns into a massive line of vehicles wasting fuel on a hot summer day.

Not sure how this fits into your Jeep classification system but I think it would be cool to "welcome" a new vehicle into the fold.  Not straying far from the JEEP concept but welcoming owners of the AMC Eagle would be cool.  Maybe there arent any but damn if there is one vehicle out there that shares a lot with the Jeep family and would certainly excite some of the nostalgia buffs it would be the AMC eagle.  Maybe it gets its own classification but just a thought for those looking to see something a lil different but still in line with the over all theme. I am not suggesting that next year you invite owners of the matador, pacer or gremlin.

Another idea. It's a great venue for local bands to play and keep things entertaining. Especially for those who camp out at the Fair Grounds. I saw that at Bantam Show in Butler and I think it really worked well for them in keeping people interested in staying.

People want an experience, the key to a successful event marketing and planning is the ability to create an experience. Our event is successful but I think it could be a little more successful. The longer we can keep people involved the better. The more stuff that is actually driving around the better.

Thoughts that we're trying to satisfy;
  • I just bought a new jeep and am at the show, I'd like to go on the trail.
  • I have an old jeep no lift, I'd like to go on the trail.
  • I have no Jeep, I'd like to watch them on the trail
  • I have no Jeep, I'd like to know what it's like to ride in a Jeep on a trail
  • I wonder what it's like to drive a Jeep with 37s over rocks on a trail
  • I have lift and want to check out some obstacles, I'd like to go on the trail
  • I have the family with me, I want to bounce the little ones around
  • I have a Jeep and brought my date, I want to see her bounce around
  • I want to experience some of what these PA jeep people experience, I'd like to go on the trail

winemaker

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2012, 06:59:48 pm »
  How about something on friday night, for those of us that come in from out of town it would be nice to have a cruise or something. 
Wine a Bit You'll Feel Better

MudTJ

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2012, 06:49:26 pm »
Still trying to get my club to build the balance table.  Would be something neat and new.

Mike D

« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2012, 05:14:29 pm »
Have a raffle for Ten spectators to just make 5 laps on the obstacle course and back out of the fair ground