Land Use Office > Regional Issues

Trails Rd Dispute

(1/1)

squazz:
can someone that knows Pa laws about land and such take a look at this, and give some input. thanks
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f352/new-trails-rd-thread-southern-york-co-pa-1191891/index110.html#post13548743

hillbilly:
trails rd is a road the homeowners put them signs up but driving in muddy creek which is a trout stream carries a hefty fine, i know this because i fish back there and have had encounters with the locals, i just tell them im going fishing.

billiejf:
This road is about 1/4 mile from Wayne and I (as the crow flies) and it just seems crazy to me that people drive so far to drive on it.  It's a really, really short road and doesn't seem like it would be worth the gas to get to it.  I can see why the residents would be annoyed by a caravan of jeeps going through there.  I've seen as many as 20 jeeps "staging" at the Delta Family Restaurant on any given Saturday and I just find that utterly ridiculous.  Why not drive up to Rausch or Michaux?  We have a little dirt road next to us, which is public, although unmaintained.  If 20 jeeps came through there on a Saturday when I was out trying to do yard work or garden, I would be annoyed too (and I'm one of you).   The suggestion to contact Michelle Poole at the Township building is a valid one.  She handles EVERYTHING land-related in Peach Bottom Township.  If the road is legal, then it's legal, but good grief why not go where you'd have enough wheeling to keep you busy for days, rather than minutes?  ...just saying...  Billie Jeanne

Rick_Bear:
Well stated Billie Jean...Really not worth the trip unless you are a local that knows the neighbors just out to test an upgrade or two.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version