Author Topic: DCNR is teaming up with NOHVCC on trails workshop June 7-9 in Lewisburg  (Read 4957 times)

ddechri

• View Profile
DCNR (Department of Conservation & Natural Resources) is teaming up with NOHVCC (National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council) to offer a workshop on motorized recreation. The club should have someone there. So lets have some volunteers. The club will cover the costs of the workshop for club members who attend.

From the April 25 Resource:
'Motorized Recreation in Pennsylvania – Partnerships for Progress' workshop to cover OHV recreation
 June 7-9. Held at the Best Western Country Cupboard Inn, Lewisburg. The National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council (NOHVCC), in conjunction with DCNR and the Pennsylvania OHV Association (PaOHVA), will present a three-day workshop that includes two days of classroom sessions and one day of field sessions to provide hands-on opportunities to apply what is learned in the classroom.  Topics will include principles of OHV recreation management; planning, operation and maintenance of sustainable trail systems; benefits of active management; economic benefits of OHV recreation; conflict resolution; effective use of volunteers; and partnership development opportunities. A nominal registration fee will be charged

Here's a link to more details: http://www.nohvcc.org/Education/Workshops/PaOHVwks2012.aspx
Including these details:

On Thursday June 7th, the workshop will consist of a classroom session including topics such as:
•Principles of successful OHV recreation management 
•Planning and maintaining sustainable OHV trails
•Economic benefits of OHV recreation
•Partnership development to achieve desired results
•and more

The second day will be devoted to field workshop session at Bald Eagle State Forest.  Participants will tour motorcycle, ATV and 4WD trails. While on these trails, we will apply what we have learned in the classroom sessions to specific on-the-ground conditions, and have the opportunity to observe what techniques and solutions can be applied to real-world conditions.

Saturday will be additional classroom sessions will review Friday's field observations, and present additional OHV management topics.

- Dave
Dave DeChristopher
'79 CJ-7: 4.0L, T18, bronco geared Dana 20, D30/D44 (locked), Warn 8274
'60 Willys PU: IH 304 V8, wide T19, Dana 18, OD, PTO Winch, SOA D44/D53(Power Lock) w/4.27's, 33's,
'68 CJ5 - Dauntless, SM420 (project)
'98 Dodge Ram 2500 12V CTD QC LWB
"Where ever I go, there's I AM"

ddechri

• View Profile
It's coming this Thursday - Saturday!
We can't miss a good opertunity to share our position with the key folks in DCNR & Bureau of Forestry.

- Dave
Dave DeChristopher
'79 CJ-7: 4.0L, T18, bronco geared Dana 20, D30/D44 (locked), Warn 8274
'60 Willys PU: IH 304 V8, wide T19, Dana 18, OD, PTO Winch, SOA D44/D53(Power Lock) w/4.27's, 33's,
'68 CJ5 - Dauntless, SM420 (project)
'98 Dodge Ram 2500 12V CTD QC LWB
"Where ever I go, there's I AM"