Author Topic: May Meeting  (Read 4892 times)

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
May Meeting
« on: April 29, 2012, 06:33:27 pm »
Friday May 11 is the club meeting/social.

Social starts at 6 meeting at 7.

bring something to grill if you like. Club will provide drinks, and kitchen ware.

Just a FYI......the club ride will be on Saturday May 12 at Rausch Creek and Go Topless Day is on May 19 from 5-10 pm. Check the PA Jeeps events section for more information.
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: May Meeting
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 01:10:49 pm »
Mays Minutes:

Pledge to the Flag

Roll Call

Intro of Guests/New Members

Jeep of the Month:
Ron Allen's 03 Rubi....Thanks Ron!

April minutes read

Treasurer Report:
We have money in both accounts! Rausch Creek received their check this week for $4000 from the top trails program. Federal Taxes where filed and cost us $700.

Newsletter/CCC
Angie was not present.
The board decided against sending $200 to three different food banks, they suggested that the CCC should give the lump sum to one and to find something different then the same food banks again.

Safety:
June 23 is still the date of a possible 4WD awareness class.

Land Use:
DCNR (Department of Conservation & Natural Resources) is teaming up with NOHVCC (National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council) to offer a workshop on motorized recreation. The club should have someone there. So lets have some volunteers.
From the April 25 Resource:
'Motorized Recreation in Pennsylvania – Partnerships for Progress' workshop to cover OHV recreation
 June 7-9. Held at the Best Western Country Cupboard Inn, Lewisburg. The National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council (NOHVCC), in conjunction with DCNR and the Pennsylvania OHV Association (PaOHVA), will present a three-day workshop that includes two days of classroom sessions and one day of field sessions to provide hands-on opportunities to apply what is learned in the classroom.  Topics will include principles of OHV recreation management; planning, operation and maintenance of sustainable trail systems; benefits of active management; economic benefits of OHV recreation; conflict resolution; effective use of volunteers; and partnership development opportunities. A nominal registration fee will be charged
Here's a link to more details: http://www.nohvcc.org/Education/Workshops/PaOHVwks2012.aspx
Including these details:
On Thursday June 7th, the workshop will consist of a classroom session including topics such as:
•Principles of successful OHV recreation management 
•Planning and maintaining sustainable OHV trails
•Economic benefits of OHV recreation
•Partnership development to achieve desired results
•and more
The second day will be devoted to field workshop session at Bald Eagle State Forest.  Participants will tour motorcycle, ATV and 4WD trails. While on these trails, we will apply what we have learned in the classroom sessions to specific on-the-ground conditions, and have the opportunity to observe what techniques and solutions can be applied to real-world conditions.
Saturday will be additional classroom sessions will review Friday's field observations, and present additional OHV management topics.
- Dave

Past Events:
Trail ride at Racush creek all blacks run. Awesome day of wheeling! Kieth, Mike, Chris and I did all of the Red part of Cemetery today including the hill climb out. We had beautiful weather and nice sticky tires all day. After getting through the first part of the trail, i cut the inner side wall of my tire. We changed my tire and one by one we worked up to a stopping point for lunch. (Ps locker dan....none of us used lockers) After lunch we handed to do the hill climb out of the trail. I made it up then it was Chris's turn. I was up at my Jeep when I heard the horrific sound of an axle snap. We were able to get him a little further up the hill before winching the rest of the way out.  Mike and keith came up next then we called it a day.

Bowling after Aprils meeting. About 7 of us went out to bowl after the meeting. We bowled one round then just hung out and chatted about good times.

Upcoming Events: 
Trail Ride to Rausch May 12 , Peter will be guiding
Go Topless Day May 19, Parks Building , everyone bring a side 5-10
Snow Shoe Trail ride June 1-3, camping, trail riding, and campfire stories.
Adams Jeep Jam, June 16, Let Jenn know if you can help with parking and the RTI ramp.

Shamokin:
They are having some clean up and trail cutting weekends to be posted soon. The Jeep Jamboree is still on for Aug 2. They have already selected guides.

Jeep Show
only 51 registered! Not good peeps!

United AGM
 Jenn has received 6 registrations for the AGM.

Misc. Notes:
 A motion was made to send the save Telico fund money once Wayne talks with Carla or Jim. The motion was for $5000 as long as the save Telico fund is moving forward.

Adjourned

"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile