Author Topic: sterring problem  (Read 7565 times)

Peyton

• my boy and my cj 7
    • View Profile
sterring problem
« on: April 15, 2012, 08:27:33 pm »
Just had my entire front steering replace all upgrades including axle im still having a problem keeping it on the road its all over like its following the road any ideas what it could be I need some help

Thanks
Dave
Peyton

Joe Giglio

• View Profile
Re: sterring problem
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 09:37:51 am »
You might be running too high tire pressure. I only run 17 psi up front and 19 psi in the back and I run a small tire (32x11.50x15).

Joe

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 11:30:13 am »
how much lift might be bump steer, or axle shift
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

Mike D

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 04:22:47 pm »
If you replaced all the steering components your tires might be worn to the way the suspension was running. 

Things to check: jack the front end up and spin the tires to see if the tread is straight and flat, no bulges. Look the REAR suspension over for worn bushing if the rear is not running straight  it will push the jeep around (its a rear wheel drive thing)and have someone follow you to see if the rear is shifting around.

Things to try: rotate the tires rear to front and from left to right and use your spare tire to see if changes the way it steers and AIR PRESSURE is the same in front two and rear two.

Peyton

• my boy and my cj 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 02:06:48 pm »
I have 4 in body and 5.5 in supension running 35 tires all bushing have been replaced the only thing that hasn't is my rear control arms they are non adjustable any input

Thanks
dave
Peyton

jpkenny

• Kim Lorah
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 02:30:34 pm »
Did i read that right? you have a 4 inch body lift? If so that is a big part of your problem.
OLD SCHOOL WHEELER   Big Red TJ  Little Black CJ

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 11:43:28 pm »
4" Body Lift.......Holy CRAP.....Reduce that to 2" and your problems just may be solved.
I have NEVER witnessed a 4" body lift on a Jeep, WHY would you even need one...?...Get it OFF !
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

Peyton

• my boy and my cj 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 06:43:08 am »
Thanks rick it was on the jeep when I bought it Ill  work on getting it off glad to back on site

Thanks,
Dave
Peyton