Author Topic: March St Patty's Day Ride  (Read 18967 times)

Lockers

• View Profile
Re: March St Patty's Day Ride
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 07:54:40 pm »

Trailered home AND stuck in the mud.....I can't believe I missed it.
Dan McKenna

94 YJ - 4.5" RE lift, 35" Pit Bull Rockers, D44's w/ARB's, Warn Winch, 4:1 Tera Low
06 LJ - 4.5" RE Long Arm Lift, 33" BFG's, 
67 Gladiator - (Future Project)
07 Dodge 2500 CTD / Tow Rig

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 09:03:59 pm »
well the short short is, we got there on time which just jinxed the whole day. about an hour in to the ride and yes before frog hole we started losing oil pressure but decided to chance it. then not being able to make it up the end of yellow jacket (didnt air down). then the frog hole incident where the beast stayed running and were attempting to winch it out when the winch cord got sucked into the cable then ripping it off ended that attempt, chris was gracious enough to hook to my sorry a55 and drag me and a hundred frogs back to shore. i opened the doors left the water (and frogs) out and away we went. alot of rocks and flash bulbs later another mud hole appeared. after a brief burrying we skinny pedaled out, then off to smoothie which everyone accomplished with some great vigor. of course then there was milkshake. jenns story. by now we were sounding like a diesel and were ready to call it but we finished the day out.  on the trip home a couple mechanical issues the were resolved without duct tape and we made it to reesers summit hill sounding like a harvester. at the crest of the hill i dropped her in neutral to spare the rod and poof there she went. we rolled 2 miles to the newberry exit just 3 miles from home and got a buddy with a super diesel to sneak us home the back ways on the end of a tow rope. shes home dead, and ready being stripped, maybe time for that diesel swap. theres alot more to this story but this was one of those had to be there trips.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 09:06:51 pm »
It was an awesome day!

Made it through smoothie and halfway through milkshake! Lol

There are some good pics.

We did O trail, yellow jacket ridge, trial 4, trail 2, trail 23, trail 18 and trail 10. I made it the whole day with no issues. We stopped for a group pose at the end of the day and the starter gave out. I had Colli tow me down to the staging area and did the hammer trick to the starter but she was still having some issues. I got Kyle to come give me a hand and he ended up cleaning the points in the distributer and we got it started. I made it to Colli's house to hang with her and stayed the night. Jeep wanted no parts of running in the morning. SO unfortunately the jeep had its first ever ride on a trailer. Damn mud! I did spend a good 3 hours today power washing it and then power washing the driveway. I do believe I am done with the mud for a long time.

Adam I hope its something you can fix!
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2012, 09:09:46 pm »
All I can say is see the pics....lol

Sorry to here that Adam.....I posted the same time as you.
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

hillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2012, 09:16:45 pm »
heck i can fix anything, its a jeep, might be ready for adams if not we got a spare and a cj. thanks all for the pics, apparently i cant work a cellphone camera i deleted them.
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."

Chris "Hollywood" Borkowski

• B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 12:35:38 pm »
Yep good day. Pulled Adam out of Frog Whole and Jenn out of the Milkshake. Not a bad day for the Grinch. Oh ya, and the rocks were really fun.
Chris Borkowski
'05 Grinch Green Rubicon
Too much to say but will put it simply,
"He's just on steroids"
2011 Ford F-350 SD DD/Tow Rig

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 02:25:57 pm »
Dear Chris -
     I winched myself out thank you....just because I used your vehicle as winch point, does not amount to  pulling me out. LOL  :P
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
1947 CJ2-A

hillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2012, 09:45:56 am »

figured out how to post pics.  ;D

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2012, 08:43:03 pm »
LMAO  ;D

I see you learned how to post them!
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
1947 CJ2-A