Author Topic: Sad News  (Read 5904 times)

haulin glass

• View Profile
Sad News
« on: December 29, 2011, 09:21:51 pm »
Be careful when wheeling in water in this cold weather. Thoughts and prayers to the families.

SHAMOKIN, Pa. -- Carbon monoxide poisoning killed a man and woman whose bodies were found in a vehicle that got stuck in a creek.

Police in Northumberland County said they were called to the scene in Coal Township shortly before 4:30 p.m. Tuesday. They found the two in a Jeep that was partially submerged in water in a wooded area off Mountain Creek Road.

Coroner James Kelley identified the victims Wednesday as David Dascani, 38, and Kelley Gusick, 24, both of the Shamokin area. He ruled their deaths accidental.

Kelley said the Jeep's exhaust system apparently became submerged in the creek as Dascani struggled to drive out of the creek, and carbon monoxide gas then filled the vehicle because the windows were rolled up.

Read more: http://www.wgal.com/news/30095239/detail.html#ixzz1hypQPGze

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sad News
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 08:12:26 am »
That can happen while mudding, too.  I remember a story on here about that from a while back.  I mashed my tailpipe shut on some rocks and couldn't pry it open fast enough at R/C.
Was this at AOAA?
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 02:24:27 am »
I have heard many rumors about this story....yes it is sad and I am sorry for the families that lost loved ones...but out of respect for them let's not go on about when,  where and who here.
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Davew

• Jenn's On Board Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 09:34:37 am »
R.I.P. hopefully others can learn from this tragedy .
Stupidity, if left untreated is self-correcting