The Garage > Work In Progress

Colli Goes Commando

<< < (3/12) > >>

Colli:
Yep, I still have the Coke sign. That would probably be worth some money if it didn't have holes in it. I might clean it up and hang it in my garage as a memento.  :D

wheelie:
  Was this Commando found at a southern York Co. orchard? Stewartstown area, roughly?

Colli:

--- Quote from: wheelie on December 17, 2011, 12:56:14 pm ---  Was this Commando found at a southern York Co. orchard? Stewartstown area, roughly?

--- End quote ---

Yes, exactly. Blevins Fruit Farm - Stewartstown, PA.

Colli:
Went down to check out the progress today and get my hands dirty helping to finish disassembly. Spent a few hours removing the windows from the doors, and then removing the glass from its chrome frame. That was quite a challenge! We also removed all the door hardware, the seat belts, antenna, tail lights, and a few other odds and ends. Basically gathering up all the metal parts to take them off to a refinishing shop. Then we took the seats off the frames and gathered up all the interior parts to take off to an auto interior restoration shop. We also removed the transfer case cover. After the holidays we're finally going to lift the tub off the frame and take everything off to the body shop. Here are a few pictures from today:

Windows removed:

Parts awaiting restoration:

Getting my hands dirty:

Seats and other parts (in the box, and window frames next to box) ready to be sent out for restoration:

The coke sign that was serving as the driver's side floor: (note the bolt holes where the seat was mounted)

emgraz:
that's so awesome colli.... what an accomplishment it will be when done...!!!

erica

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version