Author Topic: parade  (Read 13522 times)

meathead42

• View Profile
parade
« on: October 27, 2011, 10:45:32 pm »
i was at the hanover halloween parade and it was missing somthing.  JEEPS.  i think next year pajeeps should be in the parade.  why didnt i think of this earlier.
1993 YJ  2" lift 31"bfgoods
"like i always say, you only live once."

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
Re: parade
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 01:11:21 am »
why didnt i think of this earlier.
Does your screen name have anything to do with it?  ;D
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

(Tattoo) Jack

• Jack Utter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 07:07:17 am »

:-X

The only way to know your limits...  is to surpass them!

Don't Shop - Adopt
   "Save Your Best Friends Life, Adopt a Rescue"
       If it's not a Dobermann, it's just a Dawg...

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 09:25:24 am »
Back around the time we were in the York St. Patrick's Day parade, I suggested that we ought to be in York's Halloween Parade, too.  But, I'm not the activities director so I couldn't make it happen for you.   :(
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 04:30:29 pm »
We did the York St Patty's day Parade and 3 people showed up, Angie where you. Those of us that did attend had to wait in line two hours before our section of the parade even started to move. I have asked everyone if they would like to do another parade and I get a few that say they want to .....it cost money to be in the parade and I am not filling out all the paper work for one or two jeeps to attend. If there is more interest I would gladly do it. My boys and I have watched the Halloween Parade in Hanover a few times its close to 3 hrs long and lots of cool floats, but I cant imagine the wait for participants to get started.
Here is a link to the discussion on parades last year....http://www.pajeeps.org/forum/index.php?topic=4506.0

Anyone ready to step up and take on the task of coordinating the events, deligating jobs, organizing with other clubs, communicating with members , then please nominate yourself at the next meeting if voted in, I will give you all the contact information I have for everyone I talk and deal with, including the people I have talked to about parades in York and Hanover.  Keep in mind as events director your participation at the events is required to insure that our clubs reputation is upheld .

« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 06:11:40 pm by Jeepnharleymomma »
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Death Wobble

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 07:06:02 pm »
Where was I?  I was probably working, thank you.  I'm not Irish, I can take or leave St. Patrick's Day.  I was also aware that the parade would be stepping off in the ghetto--not a place that I'd want to sit for too long waiting on anything.  The Halloween parade steps off from the fairgrounds, a more secure area where there are toilets and ample parking.  It's a much larger parade with a better turnout if you really want to be seen.  I think everyone can agree that Borkowski's green Jeep looked more suitable to that parade than my zombie response vehicle, anyway!

There was a limit on the number of vehicles from the same organization allowed together in the St. Pat's parade--I believe it was 2 or 3.  That's what you had.

'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)

Davew

• Jenn's On Board Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 07:27:12 pm »
When does ethnic back ground take a role in club participation ? The fact that you refer area of town as "ghetto" is very degrading. This where people live and call home. Such a view certainly doesn't represent our club's philosophy.
Stupidity, if left untreated is self-correcting

Death Wobble

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 09:26:46 am »
I distinctly remember Jenn stating at the following meeting that "We were sitting in the GHETTO waiting...".  So, if you have a problem with that terminology, talk to her, too.  Here is Urban Dictionary's definition of "ghetto".  I think that you'll find it true of the area that WE spoke of:

ghetto

5615 up, 734 down

1. (n.) an impoverished, neglected, or otherwise disadvantaged residential area of a city, usually troubled by a disproportionately large amount of crime

As I also stated, I worked that day.  Why isn't she calling out the other 130 members of this club for non participation?  Note that I didn't say that there was anything wrong with being Irish, just that I was not Irish myself, therefore that holiday isn't a big deal to me.  So let it rest, Dave.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 10:31:02 am »
Wow, I can feel a certain amount of anger from some in this thread.
I'm becomming concerned with what I'm reading here.

Rather than posting within the forum may I suggest using the "PM" option available?
This is a "public" forum that is open to the world to read.

Clubs and Organizations are made up of a diverse group of people. Our membership has one thing in common. We're Jeep owners/enthusiasts.
There is a lot of politics involved within any "Non-Profit" organization...PA Jeeps is no different.
We hold monthly meetings...IMO, that's where any personality conflicts should take place. Not here.

Being a forum "administartor" I haven't deleted threads in a couple of years but may have to reconsider if we're unable to utilize it in a more professional manner.
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

Davew

• Jenn's On Board Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 11:12:28 am »
I am sorry if this came across like a personal attack. It wasn't the intention. When I read the comments I was surprised. It made me feel like the club was being represented as bigots on PUBLIC forum. I thought it needed to be pointed out that we are not like that.
Stupidity, if left untreated is self-correcting

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 11:20:29 am »
Really? Do you have the transcripts from that meeting.....

Apparently not too many people want to do the parades, again if there is more interest then next year maybe who ever the events director is will try to organize that.

"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 11:26:42 am »
Who ever the events director is will try to organize that.
Stop it...You're not going anywhere.

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 07:50:22 am »
parades interfere with hunting season   ;D
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

M + M Jeep

• Administrator
  • PA Jeeps-President
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2011, 08:30:04 am »

Please keep in mind this is a "Wheeling Club", with a touch of "Social Club" mixed in because it's a family based Organization and we want to include husbands, wives kids, etc in additional activities.  I don't want to see us get bogged down or stretched too thin because we have all these extra events scheduled.  I would much rather do a couple of events really well, then do a lot of events half-assed.  One sanctioned parade a year is enough for anybody.  The club can decide which it is.  If you start doing too many extra things, with only "X" amount of weekends available, then ultimately the trailride attendance suffers and that's not good for the club as a whole.
      As for the pissing match on this thread, though passionate(BTW that's what makes this Club so great, Passion and Loyalty to the greater good), it is not constructive, therefor it will be ended.  Any further comments can be directed to me via telephone.  thanks and have a fabulous day,  W.

Wayne Fish