Author Topic: Technology  (Read 5571 times)

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
Technology
« on: October 30, 2011, 11:45:52 am »
Modern technology is great until it fails. I just had to survive 20 hours without cable service during College Football Saturday.
Called on the neighbor for help who has satelite...His reception was horrible due to the weather. Most channels couldn't get reception.
"Streamlining" games on line was OK, but a 3.5" diagonal phone screen just doesn't replace a 50" screen. The 27" computer screen got me through, but not as good either.

Yes, I called several taverns locally and all were out of service...Arggg

Had I followed farming as my grand parents did, I most likely would have cared less.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

(Tattoo) Jack

• Jack Utter
    • View Profile
Re: Technology
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 12:59:54 pm »

Yeah, know what u mean. We went to a gun show yesterday and sometime during our absent our electric went out and is STILL OUT! It's boring! Of cousre, my biggest concern is all the food in the fridge. If it doesn't look like they're gonna have it up by late afternoon I guess I'll have to go get the generator from my Daughter.

Oh Well...  Poop Happens   :-\

The only way to know your limits...  is to surpass them!

Don't Shop - Adopt
   "Save Your Best Friends Life, Adopt a Rescue"
       If it's not a Dobermann, it's just a Dawg...

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
Re: Technology
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 07:56:26 am »
are you kidding i live for this , 3 days til the power was back on enough trees down for next seasons firewood, the wood stove doin its job and with it all being quiet i walked about to write my name in the snow and there stood a big ole 200 pound deer, meat in the snow. it dont get much better. even had the jeep working hard.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7