Author Topic: "New" Jeep....Finally!  (Read 5744 times)

j.haffly

• View Profile
"New" Jeep....Finally!
« on: October 02, 2011, 06:25:37 pm »
Well, I did it!!!!  I was finally able to talk MaryAnn into us getting another Jeep....ended up with a 2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo Special Edition....only 62,500 miles on it....the original plan was to use that Land Rover Disco we have as a trade-in but we owe too much on it and the stealership we go the Grand from wouldnt play....they gave us more on it than I had thought they would but they wouldnt go for it UNLESS I bought a Toyota from them, them being a Toyota stealership...so I told them, no trade-in, I'll just take the Grand as is....

Heck, the payment for the Grand and the Land Rover is only about $50 more than what it would have been if we rolled what we owed on the Rover into the new loan....PLUS....I honesty do think they did some repair work to the Rover in the 30 hours they had it....we "made" the deal on Thursday, with trade-in, gave them the Rover, we took the Grand....Friday deal fell threw....went back out Friday after work....reworked the deal, trade-in still involved...come Saturday morning, trade-in out, Rover back in our hands....our ABS lights on the Rover would not stay off....I would clear them, but sometimes they would come back on in about 10 mins of driving....Saturday, I leave the stealership, drive to Arlington...about 40mins...then drive home, again, about 40mins....ABS fault lights never came on again....you never know....

So far so good....the Grand rides great....I've told MaryAnn we need to lift so we can put some bigger rubber under it....not sure what she thinks about it...
Jim "I'm Jonesing for some off-roading" Haffly

(Tattoo) Jack

• Jack Utter
    • View Profile
Re: "New" Jeep....Finally!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 02:50:10 am »

We have an '02 Laredo, 4.0L, and we love it. You didn't say what engine you have, but ,with a Hypertec chip, I get 19.5-20.8 mpg on trips.

Congratulations...

Tatt
The only way to know your limits...  is to surpass them!

Don't Shop - Adopt
   "Save Your Best Friends Life, Adopt a Rescue"
       If it's not a Dobermann, it's just a Dawg...

j.haffly

• View Profile
Re: "New" Jeep....Finally!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 07:55:38 am »
Jack,

It's got the 4.7 in it....so far, I'm getting about 16 around town....

I'm looking forward to having it for a long long long long long time
Jim "I'm Jonesing for some off-roading" Haffly