Author Topic: PEC/DCNR 2011 Pennsylvania Greenways & Trail Summit 10/23 - 25  (Read 13702 times)

ComChewy

• View Profile
PEC/DCNR 2011 Pennsylvania Greenways & Trail Summit 10/23 - 25
« on: September 06, 2011, 06:26:14 am »

Hey Guy’s, here is symposium number two of the PEC/DCNR 2011 Pennsylvania Greenways & Trails Summit, September 11th through the 13th, the PaOHV has been asked to take the lead on this one and will be making a presentation. Let’s see if we can ACT-UP and get a larger turnout then we had at the October 2010 Symposium where the Coalition for Shared Access for Motorized Recreation was 40% of the 165 Participants’ not bad since there where only three of us during the 2008 Symposium’s……….

Items that need brought to the floor:
1)  Northumberland OHV Area needs too be placed on the Ballot prior to the next election for a Public Referendum of Support for the OHV Area, while manipulating support for the Area.

2)  A means to Tariff Four Wheel Driving Vehicles / 4x4 Licensed Motorized Vehicles in the Commonwealth so too build a Grant Pool to match those of the Motor Cycle, ATV and UTV Grant Pools. (Your monies to purchase Properties for Parks)

It’s your turn to take it from here guy’s, since this Old Dawg got the door opened for you to take your next step inside, remember you can affect more changes from inside the system in lieu of from the outside…………

« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 09:08:23 am by M + M Jeep »

Go as slow as possible, and as quickly as necessitated…………

ddechri

• View Profile
Re: DCNR 2011 Pennsylvania Greenways & Trails Summit 09/11-13
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 09:36:07 pm »
Looking at the registration material and schedule it is definitely geared toward hiking and biking. HOWEVER, there is one breakout presentation specifically about off-highway vehicle trail building and another specifically on the economic impact of off-highway vehicle recreation.

So, given that these are official sessions concerning OHV, that means that there is a presence that will grow with participation. Just showing up counts as a number.

Who is available to attend and represent 4WD?
The registration is for a three days or by the day.
Can the board approve reimbursement for folks that will represent the cub?

- Dave
Dave DeChristopher
'79 CJ-7: 4.0L, T18, bronco geared Dana 20, D30/D44 (locked), Warn 8274
'60 Willys PU: IH 304 V8, wide T19, Dana 18, OD, PTO Winch, SOA D44/D53(Power Lock) w/4.27's, 33's,
'68 CJ5 - Dauntless, SM420 (project)
'98 Dodge Ram 2500 12V CTD QC LWB
"Where ever I go, there's I AM"

ddechri

• View Profile
Re: DCNR 2011 Pennsylvania Greenways & Trails Summit 09/11-13 now 10/23-25
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 10:46:12 pm »
I guess we get a second chance!

The PA Greenways & Trails Summit has been rescheduled for Oct 23-25 at the Yorktown Hotel.

Can we have some volunteer to participate, please?

- Dave
Dave DeChristopher
'60 Willys PU: IH 304 V8, wide T19, Dana 18, OD, PTO Winch, SOA D44/D53(Power Lock) w/4.27's, 33's,

ComChewy

• View Profile
DCNR 2011 Trail Summit rescheduled to 10/23-25
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 12:45:10 pm »

PEC/DCNR 2011 Pennsylvania Greenways & Trail Summit 10/23 - 25

Hey Guy’s, It looks like you get one more bite at the Golden Apple since the September Summit was rescheduled due to inclement weather. Someone in Harrisburg must like you to give you another opportunity to ACT-UP a little for our need of Shared Access for Motorized Recreation here in the Commonwealth………..

From my conversations with a few of the guy’s from the other Motorized Sects it seems that you the Four Wheel Driving / 4x4 Licensed Motorized Vehicle Guy’s are being left behind once more because you cannot get yourselves organized. The Guy’s from BigRubbers’  took time from work to travel from the Windber Area of Somerset & Cambria Counties to Cranberry Twp. Butler County to speak on the Various Panels………

As well as the support of several other Western Pa 4x4 Clubs e.g. Triangle Four Wheeler the Pittsburgh Area, Rocks & Roost the Ridgeway Area and we even drew support from a Contingent of Stagger 4x4 Club Guy’s from Grafton WV. Who wanted a firsthand experience with organizing a Trails Symposium since they will be doing the same thing in their home state in the very near future if they can stay on track………..

The  PEC/DCNR 2011 Pennsylvania Greenways & Trails Summit, October 23rd through the 25th, the PaOHV has been asked to take the lead on this one and will be making a presentation (which they left you out of). Let’s see if we can ACT-UP and get a larger turnout then we had at the October 2010 Symposium where the Coalition for Shared Access for Motorized Recreation was 40% of the 165 Participants’ not bad since there where only three of us during the 2008 Symposium’s……….

Items that need brought to the floor:
1)  Northumberland OHV Area needs too be placed on the Ballot prior to the next election for a Public Referendum of Support for the OHV Area, while manipulating support for the Area.

2)  A means to Tariff (Tax) Four Wheel Driving Vehicles / 4x4 Licensed Motorized Vehicles in the Commonwealth so too build a Grant Pool to match those of the Motor Cycle, ATV and UTV Grant Pools. (Your monies to purchase Properties for Parks)

It’s your turn to take it from here guy’s, since this Old Dawg got the door opened for you to take your next step inside, remember you can affect more changes from inside the system in lieu of from the outside…………

You’ll see me, I’ll be the BIG PITA there working the room pressing flesh & bending ears getting support for the cause……….

The Highlighted areas are Portal to URL's

« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 12:16:55 am by ComChewy »

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
Re: DCNR 2011 Trail Summit rescheduled to 10/23-25
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 01:04:33 pm »
Well, sounds like our membership is being called on...A responce of attendance seems to be in order here!
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 08:54:59 am »
got some extra time off, i was thinking of checking it out but probably not a good choice for a spokesperson. my views are not always those of others, and i let them know it.  ;)
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

ComChewy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 10:33:22 am »

Just spoke with the Recreation Planner for the DCNR Harrisburg; I put in a request for a New Schedule of Panel Speakers, and so you know I Volunteered your group if they should need Presenters. I informed her that we are out rallying the troops too see if we could match last Octobers Meeting, so you need to start on your presentations since the rescheduling of this meeting may not bring all of the same speakers and you may have too step up…………
Remember most of the attendees’ at this meeting are going to be from the local Municipalities that you will be asking them to step up and make the commitment to host our OHV Parks and Trails Systems in their Community’s, thus applying for the Grant Funding. We must move forward with the Shared Access for Motorized & Non-Motorized Recreation on Public Lands agenda here in the Commonwealth…………   

ddechri

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 11:55:28 pm »
37 views on this thread, 122 views on the the other.
Rick has set forth the challenge, who is going to to step up with Adam to meet it?

In the event that the club has an oppertunity to do a presentation. How about some topic ideas?
PAohv had two break-out sessions scheduled covering Trail building and the economic impact of motorized recreation.

Here's what pops into my mind:

There is a big push to get families outdoors. Get kids off the couch and into the wild.  PA Parks, State Forests and organized 4 wheeling all go hand-in-hand. That could make for one good angle. Finding critters, different forests, campfire & fellowship, stewardship and survival & preparedness.

A second thought would be organized versus renagade / illegal 4 wheeling. Describing what's the difference.

Comments / thoughts?

- Dave
Dave DeChristopher

ComChewy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 12:58:00 am »

Hey Guy’s, Is it safe to tell Jim Mazzola of United that Pa Jeeps is going to be the correct group of cavorters for this assignment to represent the Four Wheel Driving Sect at the Trail Summit………..   

ComChewy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 07:43:32 pm »

Hey Guy’s: I just received the Revised Schedule from the DCNR it seem that Jack Terrell of NOHVCC will not be presenting so they have it marked as canceled, should I Phone DCNR tomorrow too say that you are willing to fill in so that the Motorized Recreational Groups are represented at this Trails Summit?

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 10:33:48 pm »
Is anyone going to make this ?
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

M + M Jeep

• Administrator
  • PA Jeeps-President
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 08:41:07 am »

Who is available to attend and represent 4WD?
The registration is for a three days or by the day.
Can the board approve reimbursement for folks that will represent the cub?

- Dave

Dave,  The BOD, since I became President has been open ended that, "If you go, we will pay you" reimbursement policy.  All we look for are the obvious receipts for fuel, registration lodging, etc. and a report about what transpired at these meetings.   Let's face it. "Land Use" is a passion and not everyones cup of tea.  Paying for someones time to go to these meetings whether in Pennsylvania, Maryland, where ever is the least that we can do.  That goes for anyone thats a member of this club.  You, Preston, Jeremy, doesn't matter.  The club over the years has donated thousands to United in their pursuit of Land Use nation wide.  It should be no different here in our own backyard.  All the Board asks is a heads up on where your going and what's on the Agenda.  I hope this helps in sparking some interest in this upcoming Summit.  Thanks for everything you do Dave.  I know it can be a thankless (and a bit tedious) job at times.      Wayne

Wayne Fish

ComChewy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 11:06:21 am »

I have already placed a call to the DCNR too Volunteer Pa Jeeps & MAFWDA / UFWDA for this assignment after all how many times have you been chased down too make a presentation to those in Government who could do the most to further the cause for Shared Access for Motorized Recreation. You’ll have me there for back up, plus I be there fielding Legality Issues and look for Com Chewy on the Summit ID Tag. What I find unconscionable is the fact that the Motorized Groups may go unrepresented at this summit, just one more hard fought campaign will go by the wayside and you can sit around later telling each other of how you missed that opportunity when it was handed to you……….

One last thing if we could get enough of us there we will be able to pepper one or two of us at each of the Lunch Tables to inner act with Municipal Representatives, to discuss with them that we are able and want to come to their Main Street to spend our hard earned dollars in their towns before, during and after we recreate. Do you know what I find amusing is the fact that you have someone who’s domicile is in Florida pushing too have you inner act with your Municipal Representatives here in the Commonwealth and you are having a hard time committing yourselves on short notice. Guy’s I do realize that I can be insensitive at times but that comes with the territory of being a Cracker in the true senses of the term; to spur someone on, to stimulate a person and/or organization to take action or make greater efforts in the hope of a reward when they feel they can not go any further………

If you need to talk 412-592-9364, that’s my CP# any time......

Later

Com

ComChewy

• View Profile
Re: PEC/DCNR 2011 Pennsylvania Greenways & Trail Summit 10/23 - 25
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 09:53:47 am »
The latest and greatest so they say.......
Due to the rescheduled date of the Trail Summit caused by the flooding in and around the York & Eastern Areas of the Commonwealth the DCNR at this time would prefer that we hold off until 2012. The reschedule has cause Jack Terrell of NOHVCC’s cancelation and has left us without ample time to give a proper presentation. The DCNR are willing to give us a dedicated Shared Access for Motorized Recreation Workshops since they will be going back to a one day meeting schedule in 2012 to be held at various locations, would you be interested in this? Also I will be at the Summit working the rooms and bending ears for the cause, so if you would like to run into this BIG PITA come on down and we can kick around some ideas………….
One last thing we need to work on getting more of the Four Wheel Driving Sect guy’s involved with MAFWDA, I do realize that I’m preaching to the choir at this time and you can not be everywhere in the Commonwealth for these meetings………..