Author Topic: Snow Shoe Trip  (Read 26604 times)

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Snow Shoe Trip
« on: September 05, 2011, 09:44:56 pm »
October 14-16 will be our fall trip to Snow Shoe up above State College, PA. We will be hanging out with the EVOR guys up there and they are letting us use their camp. We will travel up on Friday wheel Saturday then come home Sunday. You can fit a small camper or bring a tent, depending on how many people come there could be room in the cabin. Bring your own food and drinks and adult beverages if you desire.

Everyone coming make sure you bring your own drinks, beer, snacks, food, pillows, blankets, towels and what nots. You can bring stuff to share as well, as we usually have a buffet set up on the table and everyone picks at it. If everyone would also bring something to chip in for Sunday breakfast for everyone that would be great. Please post what you will bring for sunday's breakfast
Please let me know asap so I can give them a head count.

Here is the address to the Uni-Mart where we normally meet the guys up there but I know where to go so I can get us to the cabin which is 20 min up the road from the Uni-Mart/
42 Main St Beech Creek Pa 16822

I will be leaving around 4 or as soon as I get the boys out of school.

"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Colli

• Newsletter Editor
    • View Profile
Re: Snow Shoe Trip
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 06:54:01 pm »
I'm in!!
Colli Leighton
1967 Jeepster Commando Pick Up - work in progress
2000 TJ - trail rig (ample lift, 35" MTZs, 8.8 rear, 4.88 gears, 12 different soft tops)
2012 Ram 2500HD Crew Cab - tow rig
2015 Cherokee - grocery getter
Trailer - to tow my Jeeps around

N3IW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 01:32:28 am »
I'm in this year. I'll be driving up from Millheim Saturday morning and returning to the comforts of home that evening.   ;D

What time is breakfast on Sunday?  Will there be any wheeling on Sunday?  Just want to know how early I'd have to get up for that day.
Chip Morgan

2000 Wrangler TJ Sport - minor lift + 1.25" BL on 33s; many, many skid plates with more to come

cj5guy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 11:36:03 am »
I'm going!  My first trail ride - so go easy guys (and gals) on me!  I just installed a Mopar 4" lift, Pro Comp rims, 35" MT tires, Rock Hard bumpers, Warn Powerplant winch, skid plates, etc, on my 2011 JK Unlimited - yeah, Quadratec LOVES me . . . cha - ching!  Now if there was only a kit out there to help the driver!  Looking forward to the trip AND learning from you seasoned drivers.
Bryan Baker
1979 CJ-5 Silver Anniversary Edition restored to stock

2006 TJ Rubicon: 5.5" Rubicon long arm lift w/1" body lift, 37" MT MTZ on 17" Black Rock rims, Warn PowerPlant winch, Rock Hard front & rear bumpers & skids, Hi Line rock sliders

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 12:59:05 pm »
Bryan,

Advise:
Only drive where you are comfortable. No pressure shall be placed on you...understand that.
Feel free to walk the trail ahead before driving...many do.

Enjoy your trip.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

Colli

• Newsletter Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 04:29:14 pm »
Don't worry, we'll take good care of you Bryan!!  ;D
Colli Leighton
2000 TJ - trail rig (ample lift, 35" MTZs, 8.8 rear, 4.88 gears, 12 different soft tops)

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 07:33:53 pm »
Bryan they are all easy going trails......we wont make you do anything your not comfortable with. The only thing I can say is don't be afraid of scratches, some of the trails are tight and not groomed in areas and you can get small scrapes and scratches.
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

cj5guy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 03:05:36 pm »
Thanks all for the tips.  Guess I shoulda been more clear - this is my first trail ride with a club/group of people.  Don't get me wrong, it has been a while and my first time out in the JK.  Caution is my middle name.   ;D

I'm open for suggestions on what grub you want me to bring for Sunday breakfast, etc.  See everyone in a few weeks!
Bryan Baker
1979 CJ-5 Silver Anniversary Edition restored to stock

2006 TJ Rubicon: 5.5" Rubicon long arm lift w/1" body lift, 37" MT MTZ on 17" Black Rock rims, Warn PowerPlant winch, Rock Hard front & rear bumpers & skids, Hi Line rock sliders

Lockers

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 11:29:15 am »

I'm in....

Colli,
What time you leaving to go up?  I'll follow you if thats ok..
Dan McKenna

94 YJ - 4.5" RE lift, 35" Pit Bull Rockers, D44's w/ARB's, Warn Winch, 4:1 Tera Low
06 LJ - 4.5" RE Long Arm Lift, 33" BFG's, 
67 Gladiator - (Future Project)
07 Dodge 2500 CTD / Tow Rig

Colli

• Newsletter Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 01:30:20 pm »
I'm in....
Colli,
What time you leaving to go up?  I'll follow you if thats ok..

Sure Dan, we are practically neighbors after all.  :) Bryan (cjl5guy) will be meeting up to convoy too. Not sure what time yet, I'm off all day on Friday. Anyone else interested in joining the convoy? Anyone have a time preference?
Colli Leighton

Lockers

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 06:17:47 pm »

Thanks Colli, I'm off Friday also.  Any time is good with me, just let me know.
Dan McKenna

94 YJ - 4.5" RE lift, 35" Pit Bull Rockers, D44's w/ARB's, Warn Winch, 4:1 Tera Low
06 LJ - 4.5" RE Long Arm Lift, 33" BFG's, 
67 Gladiator - (Future Project)
07 Dodge 2500 CTD / Tow Rig

mike.dechristopher

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 07:14:08 pm »
I'm in. Were leaving from Lancaster and will arrive sometime Friday evening.
Mike DeChristopher
Leola, PA

1964 CJ5/CJ2A/CJ3A Hybrid: 225 V6, SM420, Zena Welder, Window Wipers, Yellow Paint
1966 M416 Trailer
1997 VW Passat Turbo Diesel
1988 Ford 350/Super Duty Hybrid: 4x4, Crew Cab, Cummins 5.9, Winch, Rust

N3IW

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 08:42:47 pm »
When will the convoy from York be arriving in Beech Creek?  I may be available to check out the camping area on Friday and socialize a bit before returning to Millheim for the night.  That'll make it easier for me to find on Saturday morning.
Chip Morgan

2000 Wrangler TJ Sport - minor lift + 1.25" BL on 33s; many, many skid plates with more to come

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 09:02:14 pm »
Chip there is usually someone that meets at the Uni Mart in Beech Creek at 8 am on Saturday if you cant make it Friday night. Most of us are not up till later in the evening.
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
1947 CJ2-A

N3IW

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2011, 09:40:58 pm »
Thanks, Jenn.  I might have the time to pop up on Friday night, so maybe I'll see some of you there.  If not, I'm definitely planning on Saturday and maybe even Sunday breakfast.  I now have both PA Jeeps and EVOR stickers on the jeep and I'm looking forward to the 15th as well as the event in November. :)
Chip Morgan