Author Topic: We need something NEW !  (Read 50160 times)

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
Re: We need something NEW !
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2011, 10:19:10 am »
the last i heard the food is under contract by the fairgrounds.

and the tv and radio stations did announce the event this year.

we have a bingo type of game we do at some other events where each person is given a card with possibilities on it and you find a person or sponsor that has completed the possibilitie, such as changed a tire in the pouring rain, accidentally ripping of a fender when a tree jumped out in front of you. the objective is to get 5 in a row like bingo. all the completed cards are placed in a box and the winner drawn at random.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2011, 09:56:27 pm »
I still say check out geocaching , there are companies that come out and set everything up. Everyone is getting into this and its a easy and fun way to learn about your GPS. I worked for one of those companies at Camp Jeep years ago.
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

j.haffly

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2011, 02:05:37 pm »
I have the hot tub guys number .....i wanted to get everyone to pitch in for our camping compound at the show ....maybe one day we will have the luxury of one.

I say dunk tank and put Jim Haffly in it...lol

That might work....some of those participants have gotten to "hate" me over the years on the parking issues!!!!

But seriously....I think some type of food challange would be GREAT....The Black Widow is just down the road from York in Alexandria....get a couple of the big names in food competition and I think we could get a huge turn-out for that....I'm sure we could work out something with the food folks....
Jim "I'm Jonesing for some off-roading" Haffly

Diesel Jeeper

• View Profile
    • Cummins Power
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2011, 09:32:55 am »

I honestly think we are at our limit for Jeep oriented things....we have the RTI ramp, slow drag, the obstacle course, the vendors of course....as Rick said, a mud pit wont fly with the fairgrounds folks....other than some monstor Jeep coming in and crush some wimpy Liberty or a Compass.....

Jim

I would drive my jeep over some picked over cars from Eichelberger's.
Geoff Blain

1960 Willys Jeep Truck

K Riccardi

• It was funny you just didn't get it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2012, 08:14:53 am »
I know I am a little late to the conversation but I would be more than will to give rides on the obstacle course for wounded warriors or some other special needs group. I'm sure I could one or two more Jeeps to volunteer to help if needed. Schedule the ride for when the obstacle course is closed so the course volunteers can get a break.

Just an idea. :)
1981 Scrambler (stockish)
2003 Duramax (family car)
1996 xj

Thank you PAJeeps for making it possible for Ballpeen Racing to have a great year competing at RCrocs!

K Riccardi

• It was funny you just didn't get it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2012, 08:25:14 am »
Putting a event reminder in some of the penny savers/ gazettes outside of York could be helpful to get the word out.

This is a good one in my area.

http://monocacyvalley.com/hocomo/index.html

What about an "add" on Craigslist in the Auto Parts section? Hit all the MD and PA listings.
1981 Scrambler (stockish)
2003 Duramax (family car)
1996 xj

Thank you PAJeeps for making it possible for Ballpeen Racing to have a great year competing at RCrocs!

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2012, 03:46:29 pm »
yep we put one on craigslist last year and had the news post it up as well.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

DeadheadTJ

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2012, 12:17:40 am »
Hire a band. Jeff Daniels has one and it makes for a kick-ass and MEMORABLE show! Fireworks afterward?

Offer a Jeep 101 course. After watching the antics on the O-course for the past 10+ years, it's obvious that there are many first-timers on the course that could use some edumacation.

The Jeep build-up/raffle is a good idea...liabilities could be HUGE, though. C.Y.A. through legal stuff would equal many $$$$.
'99 TJ Sport (Trail Rig, Weekend Toy)
'10 F150 XLT 4x4  (Daily Driver, Tow Rig)
'04 Jeep Grand Cherokee (the Better Half's!)
Martin "DeadheadTJ" Rohrbach

UGOTKERN

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2012, 08:43:20 am »
Suggestion.....

Start an official "17th Annual PAJeeps Event" Facebook age..... keep the page updated with announcements, attending vendors, etc..... You'll be suprised how fast the word will spread... it creates buzz for the next 6 months and it will definately reach a new audience!

And the best part..... it's absolutely free!
Chris Kern

Ron Allen

• PA Jeeps B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2012, 06:25:40 pm »
Thats a pretty good idea Chris.
03 Rubicon Way Modified
44 MB WWII restored
46 CJ2A Locked,injected,Ready
13 F350 Tow Rig

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2012, 08:14:24 pm »
yep we put one on craigslist last year and had the news post it up as well.

We should mention it on Craigslist in every major city in our target markets.  Not just York.  Get the word WAY out there, and post our website link and contact info.

Suggestion.....

Start an official "17th Annual PAJeeps Event" Facebook page....

I noticed that there was a "16th Annual" page as well as a PA JEEPS page.  Do we really need two?  Mentioning the Jeep show frequently on one page would be less confusing and keep all the traffic in one place.  Whoever is in charge of it would need to keep the conversation flowing to keep the interest level up. 

Put the Facebook link on this website for their convenience!
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2012, 12:22:33 am »
Yes, "PA Jeeps" has a facebook page. No it does not get the attention it deserves. I created it to see what would happen and it is taking off and I'll dedicate more time to it after...well, in a couple weeks when I start to experience a little less household stress here.

I may just recruit some additional people to "zing" it up with regular feeds.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

Jwlock99

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2012, 09:42:10 am »
I think a jeep wash would be a great idea.. also Jeff Daniel's has two jeeps that they let kids draw on with washable marker, they seem to love it!

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2012, 12:57:20 pm »

[ quote  also Jeff Daniel's has two jeeps that they let kids draw on with washable marker, they seem to love it!
[/quote

Hmmm I like this idea....I may think about it for the family activity area
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2012, 01:00:06 pm »
Don't think that the Jeep is coming from the event budget Jenn...unless one is donated...lol
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...