Author Topic: We need something NEW !  (Read 50167 times)

j.haffly

• View Profile
Re: We need something NEW !
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 08:10:49 am »
We could go way outside the box here and have a local band play....a group we could get cheap since they want the play time in front of a crowd....I'm thinking Saturday only, have them start say around 6pm or so....have some of the food vendors stay open and if you leave and want to come back in, it's $10....no issue if you stay....just trying to think outside the box here!!!

I honestly think we are at our limit for Jeep oriented things....we have the RTI ramp, slow drag, the obstacle course, the vendors of course....as Rick said, a mud pit wont fly with the fairgrounds folks....other than some monstor Jeep coming in and crush some wimpy Liberty or a Compass.....

Jim
Jim "I'm Jonesing for some off-roading" Haffly

ddechri

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 01:05:12 pm »
Spectator participation is good. And also gives people something to watch. How about some wheeling related competitions:

Spare tire change. (speed, no damage)
U- joint change. (speed, no damage)
Recovery rigging (speed and saftey)
Rusted part replacement.
Sinple carburator (Carter YF) teardown and rebuild (if anyone knows what that is).

Some sort of Trail repairs with limited tools.

- Dave

Dave DeChristopher
'79 CJ-7: 4.0L, T18, bronco geared Dana 20, D30/D44 (locked), Warn 8274
'60 Willys PU: IH 304 V8, wide T19, Dana 18, OD, PTO Winch, SOA D44/D53(Power Lock) w/4.27's, 33's,
'68 CJ5 - Dauntless, SM420 (project)
'98 Dodge Ram 2500 12V CTD QC LWB
"Where ever I go, there's I AM"

Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2011, 12:06:48 pm »
The Military vehicle Assoc. attended in force at Bantam. There" area" was set up like a camp.  Kind of like we did last year but on a grander scale. 

The on site trail rides were a big hit at Bantam but not logistically possible at the fair grounds,  I heard LOTS of bitching about the off site trail rides at Bantam.  It was a long drive to a park were the "trails" were graded stone two way fire roads in a state park, Participants were NOT happy.  The closest thing to the fair grounds would be Micheux, it would take a hour to get there and a hour to get back, the Roads that are open are NOT challenging enough for the effort involved in what would become a 4-6 hour long junket.

Maybe some Radio advertising this year?  I still meet people that do NOT know about the show and those are the people we need to reach.
Jeremy Meehan

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2011, 12:45:54 pm »
Jeremy,

The military attendance with an on-site encampment is under way. No guarantees, but with what I offered it's gaining support.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2011, 01:25:55 pm »
Maybe some Radio advertising this year?  I still meet people that do NOT know about the show and those are the people we need to reach.

It's been advertised on country stations from time to time.  The York Newspaper Company will print automotive events for FREE every week in that particular section of the paper.  (Also, your club events).  Contact a reporter or two to attend and do a pictorial story like they did a few years ago.  Offer them a pork sandwich if you have to.  ;)

I've said before that it would be cool to have a TV reporter come to the Jeep Show.  If planned well in advance, there's no reason why we can't do this.  Look at all the other dinky little events that get TV airtime...this is the biggest Jeep Show around, and it definitely deserves coverage!  Get Doug Allen from WGAL to do the "Backyard Weather" on Fri. or Sat. so that he can invite the viewers to come down and attend our event that day or the next.  I guarantee you that would get people interested!
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

spiceywolf

• i am so likeing the green color
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2011, 08:27:58 pm »
hay rick , what about a dunk tank for a charity of our chooseing, as it is always so hot...i am trying..lol

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2011, 02:22:13 am »
Well, you're NOT getting me into a dunk tank. At that point people would be firing cannon balls or wanting to drive into the tank  :'(
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

UGOTKERN

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2011, 02:55:07 pm »
hay rick , what about a dunk tank for a charity of our chooseing, as it is always so hot...i am trying..lol
Dunk tanks can be a liability..... just ask River Raider.... one of their staff members slashed their foot open on a dunk tank at PAJeeps in 2010.
Chris Kern

Death Wobble

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2011, 04:16:28 pm »

Whatever happened to that 4X4 hot tub?

Dunk tanks can be a liability..... just ask River Raider.... one of their staff members slashed their foot open on a dunk tank at PAJeeps in 2010.

Fill it with beer and the dunkee will feel no pain after a few bullseyes!
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2011, 01:09:36 am »
Well, alcohol is not allowed within the event Angie.
The "custom" hot tub builder has been a challenge to get to attend.

Death Wobble

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2011, 09:28:34 am »
Well, alcohol is not allowed within the event Angie.

I knooooow, Rick--it was a joke!  (I guess I forgot to put a  ;) after saying that). 
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)

meathead42

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2011, 09:37:18 am »
get a radio station involved
1993 YJ  2" lift 31"bfgoods
"like i always say, you only live once."

UGOTKERN

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2011, 11:08:18 am »
In regards to the 4x4 Hot Tub..... Craig Jaros had access to one.... he towed it to Rausch and set it up for the Topless for TATas event.
Chris Kern

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2011, 04:47:31 pm »
I have the hot tub guys number .....i wanted to get everyone to pitch in for our camping compound at the show ....maybe one day we will have the luxury of one.

I say dunk tank and put Jim Haffly in it...lol
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

jeepman93

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2011, 12:29:18 am »
how about a wing, chilly, or rib cookoff. this my bring in the hungy ones!!