Author Topic: Classification CHANGE for 2012  (Read 16229 times)

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
Classification CHANGE for 2012
« on: August 17, 2011, 06:04:05 am »
OK, due to numerous requests over the years it's time to consider yet another change...

Class #1 - Military (1st - 2nd - 3rd Place awarded OVERALL)
Class #2 - Willys (1st - 2nd - 3rd Place for each awarded STOCK-MODIFIED-UNLIMITED)
Class #3 - CJ5 (1st - 2nd - 3rd Place awarded for each STOCK-MODIFIED-UNLIMITED)
Class #4 - CJ7 (1st - 2nd - 3rd Place awarded for each STOCK-MODIFIED-UNLIMITED)
Class #5 - CJ6 / CJ8 / Commando (1st Place ONLY awarded for each category STOCK-MODIFIED-UNLIMITED)
Class #6 - Wagoneer / J-Series Trucks / FC (1st - 2nd - 3rd Place awarded for each STOCK-MODIFIED-UNLIMITED)
Class #7 - Cherokee / Comanchee (1st - 2nd - 3rd Place awarded for each STOCK-MODIFIED-UNLIMITED)
Class #8 - Grand Cherokee (1st Place ONLY awarded for each category STOCK-MODIFIED-UNLIMITED)
Class #9 - Wrangler YJ (1987-95') (1st - 2nd - 3rd Place awarded for each STOCK-MODIFIED-UNLIMITED)
Class #10 - Wrangler TJ / LJ (1996-06') (1st - 2nd - 3rd Place awarded for each STOCK-MODIFIED-UNLIMITED)
Class #11 - Wrangler JK (2007-Present) (1st - 2nd - 3rd Place awarded for each STOCK-MODIFIED-UNLIMITED)
Class #12 - Liberty-Compass-Patriot-Commander (1st-2nd-3rd Place awarded OVERALL)
Class #13 - Non Street Legal (1st-2nd-3rd Place awarded OVERALL)

SPECIALTY AWARDS
Best of Show (STOCK-MODIFIED-UNLIMITED)
RTI Ramp: 1st - 2nd - 3rd Place Awarded
Slow Crawl Competition: 1st Place ONLY awarded
Largest Club Participartion (Club with the Largest Number of Registered Jeep Owners Perticipating)
Longest Distance Traveled (The Jeep driven the Longest Distance to Attend - IT MUST BE DRIVEN THE ENTIRE WAY)
The Ultimate Beater
Best Trail Ready
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 11:37:02 am by Rick_Bear »
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

j.haffly

• View Profile
Re: Classification CHANGE for 2012
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 10:16:29 am »
Sounds and looks good to me as long as we keep the Parade of Jeeps to the 1st Place Winners only....and only announce the 1st Place Winners!!!!  :)
Jim "I'm Jonesing for some off-roading" Haffly

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 10:28:00 pm »
works for me. ;D
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

spiceywolf

• i am so likeing the green color
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 08:30:34 pm »
i love the new classes, and i would like to see if the winners cant be there for sunday and i think they should be present, they pay for the shipping of there trophys if they want them...a notice prented on the registration form

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 02:19:50 am »
Ease up on who pays the shipping. The event can cover it as long as it doesn't get out of control.
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

spiceywolf

• i am so likeing the green color
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 06:56:26 pm »
hay rick,
registrations are comeing in,,i am so ready for this years show,
no worries this year, i am on top of it...lol
no i would like to keep up with the regisrations as they come in so that means the window plaques as well,
is larry going to be printing them again??????
if so and you dont mind he can shipp them to me if it makes things easyer on you,
hope to see you soon at one of the meetings.         

bob

Colli

• Newsletter Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 07:42:40 pm »
I always thought if the parade of winners was a little earlier, more people would be able to stay and participate. I imagine folks who aren't local have to get on the road early Sunday to get home. Although, doing it earlier may not mesh well with the rest of the schedule.
Colli Leighton
1967 Jeepster Commando Pick Up - work in progress
2000 TJ - trail rig (ample lift, 35" MTZs, 8.8 rear, 4.88 gears, 12 different soft tops)
2012 Ram 2500HD Crew Cab - tow rig
2015 Cherokee - grocery getter
Trailer - to tow my Jeeps around

docthrush

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 09:05:21 am »
Class #1 - Military / Agriculture (The Jeep historical class / 1st - 2nd - 3rd Place awarded OVERALL)

Military and agriculture jeeps are in the same category?  While they are both historically significant that's like comparing apples and oranges.  I understand that there are few military jeeps that come at this point, but this is surely not a way to increase that number.

doc

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 11:36:33 am »
doc,

That's a mis-print and has been corrected...

moose74

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 08:50:18 am »
If there is a 2nd place trophy left over could you donate it to me. Since there was only 1st place this year in class 8 stock. ::)
02 grand cherokee  wj
87  xj      RIP

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 02:36:16 pm »
Perhaps if what I brought home goes unclaimed. You'll have to come to Millersville, PA. and pick it up.
Unclaimed trophies are donated to another event that the PA Jeeps membership supports.

chasm

• Blonde / Bomber...
    • View Profile
    • JeepChasm
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 04:07:15 pm »
Perhaps if what I brought home goes unclaimed. You'll have to come to Millersville, PA. and pick it up.
Unclaimed trophies are donated to another event that the PA Jeeps membership supports.

And the Mason -Dixon Willys Jeep Gathering appreciates the support of PA Jeeps and PA Jeeps' awesome volunteers!  ;)
Mike Hardesty aka: "chasm"
'51 CJ3A: Restored Garage Queen
'83 CJ8 Scrambler: To Do List...
'93 YJ: 2.5" R.E. lift, 31" Swamper SSR's, Olympic Rock bumper, smashed Stainless exhaust, U-bolt skids, Warn M-8000 winch.
'08 Liberty: (wife's DD)

moose74

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 04:57:00 pm »
let me know if any go unclaimed. i live in columbia pa.
thanks
02 grand cherokee  wj
87  xj      RIP

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 04:58:19 pm »
moose74,

Keep an eye on the forum category. As soon as I find my copy of the results I will post them so you can contact me.