Author Topic: Susquehanna Jeep - Warranty Work  (Read 7483 times)

CRJeepin

• View Profile
Susquehanna Jeep - Warranty Work
« on: August 12, 2011, 03:24:49 pm »
Hey all,
Haven't really needed any warranty work in the 6 years I've owned my wrangler, but it has a front axle seal leak and should be covered by the 7/75 powertrain warranty.  I am dropping my wife's grand cherokee out there on Monday to have them do the exhaust manifolds (ouch) and I stopped by today to check the place out, they seemed kinda lukewarm about doing the axle seal under warranty when I asked if they'd look at it and suggested it should be covered.

Have 33's and a 3" lift, nothing crazy....not that that should affect the axle seal anyway.

Are they good for Service work?  And should I expect a hassle over warranty work?

Thanks for any suggestions
Chris

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
Re: Susquehanna Jeep - Warranty Work
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 10:27:44 am »
Well, your axle seal problem may not be covered under your warranty. Read the fine print is all I can suggest.
If it's not covered that is really not a difficult job to do yourself.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

CRJeepin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 10:21:03 am »
Realize it's not too difficult and have already done them on a dana 30.  The question was about Susquehanna Jeep, not the warranty or the work.

The warranty lists axle shafts, axle shaft bearings and "seals and gaskets for listed components", so I have no doubt that it SHOULD be covered.  However, some Chrysler dealers seem less inclined than others to provide the coverage, and was looking for guidance if there is somewhere else I should go.

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 05:37:12 am »
Have them do the work because of the warranty...I can't speak for their work, but do know a few people that work there.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

CRJeepin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 08:49:36 am »
Spoke with Collin there this morning, he thought the seals should be covered and set me up for an appointment after the WK comes out.  Look forward to meeting him, sounds like a good guy and has been very helpful with getting me a ballpark estimate for the WK so I could budget the repair, it's not a cheap one!

Thanks again - glad to find a dealership with a good attitude, have had a few bad experiences at other places and it makes owning a jeep a lot less enjoyable if you don't feel like somebody has your back on the big projects when you need help (and when it's time to buy another one!)

Chris

CRJeepin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 09:32:30 pm »
Just an update, they did a great job on my wife's WK and came in under estimate, which was super as cash is tight with baby #2 just arrived!

My jeep is in there now, they're replacing the crank seal and the axle seals under warranty.  Definitely will be back out there again, they've been great to work with.

Thanks again
Chris

CRJeepin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 09:50:55 pm »
Just an update, they did an outstanding job on the axle seals and timing cover, really great group and I'll be going back for sure.

Highly recommend checking them out for service or sales, they had some nice lookin rigs on the lot with pretty fair prices too.