Author Topic: who's looking now?  (Read 8556 times)

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
who's looking now?
« on: July 24, 2011, 08:42:11 am »
attention anyone going thru newberry township, (my neck of the woods). the local police officers have just gone through an inspection course update and are pulling over lifted vehicles, Jeeps especially because they are registered as cars, for STUPID reasons. i personally was stopped and warned, (because the officer said he didnt have THAT much time), for stickers on the windows ( there are none in the sight path), bumpers too high (have to be less than 20"), fender flares not stock (cannot remove stock and add aftermarket), stone gaurds on headlights, non operational offroad lights uncovered (kc's), and numerous odd ball items. so is this a state theme or just a po'd local po.

so who else has been stopped and why, doesnt have to be recent.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: who's looking now?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 08:50:29 am »
I was under the impression that unless the cops are looking for expired inspection stickers, you had to be committing a moving violation to be pulled over.  Sounds like a gung-ho officer to me.
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

kmfm313

• Kim
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 10:14:48 am »
sounds a little rediculous. damn newberry cops
Kim Morder

MUDDY

• Jon Vasellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 06:44:19 pm »
heck down here in Tenn its nice you can run 53in tires as long the bumpers are 32in from the ground. plus we dont have truck/car tags seperated everyone gets the same tag.
98 grand cherokee mild liFT
97 CHEVY 3IN LIFT

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 07:53:01 pm »
heck down here in Tenn its nice you can run 53in tires as long the bumpers are 32in from the ground. plus we dont have truck/car tags seperated everyone gets the same tag.

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying yourself in your new surroundings!  ;D
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

04 Rubi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 12:46:47 am »
http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/067/chapter175/s175.80.html
Check this out looks as though he was a little off in some of his things.
A LIL lift and 35's And stuff.

Clinton Jacobs.

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 05:57:22 am »
It's seems every year after our Jeep Show some/several townships in York County decide to interperit things differently.
You'll never see/hear of them "hassling" any of the thousands of hot rod owners that flood York County every year.
IMO...PA needs a new tag category for off-road vehicles. A tag specifically for hot rods, street rods, and 4x4 vehicles heavily modified.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...