The Garage > Work In Progress

1947 Bantam T3-C Trailer Project

<< < (3/3)

ApexWrangler:
Your trailer looks GREAT Mike! Your pictures are going to be my motivation to get my trailer back in that good of shape!

Here's my trailer:

Picked it up a few years ago, haven't really done anything with it yet. Just need to force myself to start. A buddy of mine works at a metal fab shop, and has access to a blaster, so maybe once spring rolls around, I'll make that my project for a couple weekends. It's also a 1947, I think. When I bought it, the previous owner had it titled as a 1949, but after researching the VIN, I'm fairly positive it's actually a 1947.

Are you listed on this owners database? http://bantamt3c.com/bantamdatabase.htm It's a pretty nice collection of trailers and information about them.

I think I talked with you at All Breeds this past year. Here's a few pictures I happened to shoot:

chasm:
Thanks for the pics and compliments Rob!

Your Bantam looks like it is in great condition. I hope I get to see it sometime soon... perhaps at the 2012 PA Jeeps show?  ;)

I finished my Bantam this fall. In addition to the Line-X, I restored the original side racks. The original uprights were used as patterns for oak replacements. The side rails were cleaned up and re-used. The horizontal rails for the front were duplicated in oak, based on photos of other Bantams.

Here is a pic I took over a week ago on that real warm January weekend. Had to get the Willys out, and decided to do my brush removal work with the Bantam instead of my pick-up truck. It sort of made a chore fun!  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version