Author Topic: Clutches  (Read 5126 times)

Rusty XJ

• Rickie Wilson Jr.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Clutches
« on: May 18, 2011, 08:40:50 pm »
I'm going to try to get my clutch done before the show but work and my wedding has put the Jeep on the back burner for the past couple months. I wanna know what everyone recomends for a 95 4.0 XJ with 33s currently 35s to come eventually. I still intend to drive it as an occasional DD so I need something multi purpose.
Rick Wilson Jr.
Is that DEATH WOBBLE or did we just enter Pennsylvania?
'95 XJ 2 Door, 4.0, 5spd, 7" random lift, 35x12.5 BFG ATs, 4.56 gears, Dana 44 Mini-spooled, Dana 30 w/ Detroit Truetrac and manual hubs, Bushwacker Flares, Warrior Front Bumper, JCR Rear Bumper, etc etc...

Rusty XJ

• Rickie Wilson Jr.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Clutches
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 07:52:38 pm »
I already have 4.56's, I'm asking opinions on which brand clutch for the transmission. It seems Centerforce has some very mixed reviews on Jeep clutches. LUK seems to be who makes the factory clutches. I am probably just going to go with the LUK factory replacement for $150ish for the complete kit and very good reviews. As logn as the world doesn't end by the time I get paid next week that's what I'm going with.
Rick Wilson Jr.
Is that DEATH WOBBLE or did we just enter Pennsylvania?
'95 XJ 2 Door, 4.0, 5spd, 7" random lift, 35x12.5 BFG ATs, 4.56 gears, Dana 44 Mini-spooled, Dana 30 w/ Detroit Truetrac and manual hubs, Bushwacker Flares, Warrior Front Bumper, JCR Rear Bumper, etc etc...

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
Re: Clutches
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 08:37:47 pm »
i had a centerforce ceramic in my 67 mustang and it was very hard to kill, even with the big block. but the grab ratio was pretty harsh at a stop light.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7