Author Topic: April all blacks all day  (Read 29017 times)

Mike D

Re: April all blacks all day
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2011, 05:37:38 am »
Lori said we are going :) see you all @ 8:00

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2011, 05:39:30 pm »
If you all had weather like we had here in Lancaster today you had a wonderful day I'm sure.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

Mike D

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2011, 07:06:22 pm »
Lori and I made it home with no other problems but it was quite fun in two wheel high going up 10 & H in the mud. 

Thanks Jenn for guiding we had a lot of fun cant wait to go again

Mike D

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2011, 07:22:56 pm »
I am sorry Dave that my jeep attacked Jenn’s Jeep, it gets a little jealous of other V-8 Jeeps

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2011, 12:49:40 am »
WOW what a day!

Yes my Jeep was attacked by Mikes Jeep. But lets start from the beginning.........

Once upon a time there were 7 Jeeps that wished to take on a great journey on all black trails. The day was rainy but that didn't stop us for we have no fear. The first task of the day is to air down between rain drops, but unfortunately that is when 7 became 6 for one Jeep refused to let its owner take off some metal valve stem caps. (Sorry Keith we missed you). So 6 of us headed out to the first trail of the day, down CV trail to Walk in the Park, short but fun trail. Back up to the top to keep heading down C and back down CV trail again to play on black rocks that run along CV trail. This is when the second Jeep of the day decides to take a break, and by taking a break I mean destroying a axle shaft. The owner Jim showed us how to tear down a complete front axle and reassemble the whole thing in a matter of hours while the rest of us had some good laughs. (Good work Jim and Son repair company! Sorry you had a rough morning)The work crew finished up around 1 and we headed up to C to go over to the west side to play the rest of the day. But a call out over the radio for help was made for a JK was buried in Milkshake so down the road 6 of us drove to save the day. Once we were down one little Jeep tugged and tugged but no luck was to come for the poor buried JK. So then it was two little Jeeps who tugged and tugged but one of them was more jealous of the V-8 power and decided to take out a fender flare and fender while exploding its own hub. ( LOL Mike) So out came the winch for a nice demo and out popped a drenched JK. All while Mike fixed his poor hub. Then a big bad XJ came along and pulled the soggy JK up the rest of the tiny hill. ( LOL thanks Jack!)  After doing our good deed of the day we headed up from Milkshake on trail 10 to go across rock creek and on to 13.....but wait whats that noise a call over the radio comes....poor little jealous Jeep has something wrong. Lets stop and check UT oh bent front drive shaft , time to go home good ole CJ and then it was 5 little Jeeps all in a row, across Rock Creek we will go! 5 little Jeeps cross the creek and up 13 to trail 16 we go. All is good till the end when no one can crawl up then last obstacle and all must go around. Up on top a familiar noise I hear and to my worst fears it is a popped U-joint in the rear drive shaft, a better look shows the tab on the yoke is actually broke my on board mechanic to the rescue! Oh no now the XJ has broken exhaust what ever will we do, Jack fixes her up and its all good...Yey! What a day we all say so up too the staging area it is all we can take.

We still had a great day no matter stuff happens and everyone made it home safe and sound....next time this ride will be in May!

P.S.-- I am seriously considering the new name Carnage Queen now.........

"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2011, 09:21:15 am »
I'm definately "bummed out" that I missed this trip. Sounds like one right up my alley.

Jenn, I think you need to destroy more before changing your trail name  ;) Don't rush to do so.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

MITCH

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2011, 03:49:13 pm »
Had a great time, felt good to get the jeep out and wheel again! Thanks Jenn for guiding, it was a crazy day but thats what makes it fun and unforgettable. Was fun wheeling with all of you again hope to get out again sometime this year.
88' Laredo-2001 4.0L-NV-3550 Tranny-D30-Front-D44 Rear-ARB Lockers-4:88 Gears-4.5"Rubicon Express Lift-2"Body Lift-35x12.50 Super Swamper SSR'S-ARB Snorkel-Warn HS9500I winch-OBA- Tera Low 4.0:1 Kit

-01Grand Cherokee limited V-8 2" Lift 31's

-47 Willy's CJ2A

-07 Silverado 2500HD D-Max (tow rig)

bigbirdcj

• Will Redus
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2011, 03:54:18 pm »
Sounds like a great trip, I wish I could have made it. When's the next one?
Will Redus
'67 CJ5
'79 CJ7
'03 Rubicon
'48 CJ2a

BCjeeper

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2011, 05:31:11 am »
Had a lot of fun even with the front axle rebuild demonstration. Thanks Jenn for guiding. Thanks everyone for your help and I look forward to wheeling with you all in the future.

P.S. All but one had to go around the last obstacle.
Jim Neidrich

jpkenny

• Kim Lorah
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2011, 10:29:37 am »
I want to hear the story about the valve stem caps!
OLD SCHOOL WHEELER   Big Red TJ  Little Black CJ

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2011, 10:24:44 pm »
From what I heard today those valve stem caps turned into a brand new set of KM2's lol

wait who made it over the last obstacle? (i was under the jeep) Please tell me it wasn't Jack ....wait if it was him he would have already posted.
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

(Tattoo) Jack

• Jack Utter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2011, 03:32:08 pm »

I just didn't want to hurt ur feelings...  ::)
The only way to know your limits...  is to surpass them!

Don't Shop - Adopt
   "Save Your Best Friends Life, Adopt a Rescue"
       If it's not a Dobermann, it's just a Dawg...

Mike D

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2011, 11:25:42 pm »
I know I am late posting this but hope you like them.
Not many pic’s cause the photographer was feeling under the weather and the jealous jeep went home early with a bent front drive shaft

(BAD JEEP)

Clicky for Pic's

« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 01:27:04 pm by Mike D »